cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWPhSgVGX7N
Constellation

After 2.5 months I am still waiting for an exchange for my refrigerator

On July 12, 2019 I noticed that my refrigerator no longer worked.  I immediately went online and booked a service appointment. A few days later I received an email that my appointment was cancelled.  I tried to call the service company’s phone number listed on Samsung’s website and discovered it was disconnected.  I scheduled another service appointment online and received an email to be in the house on Monday July 29th for the afternoon (a window of 1-5) to wait for a service representative. No one came. I called Samsung on July 30th to ask for an explanation and they said it wasn’t their problem—it was the service providers and gave me another phone number that didn’t work. I called back and got on the phone with with a representative who tested the phone number and discovered that I was correct and it didn’t work. Once again a service call was scheduled and it was immediately cancelled via email.  So I called samsung back and they conferenced me in with the the service provider. The service provider said they had no record of me ever having  an appointment and that the soonest they could come to the house would be a week later. They were incredibly rude.  That Friday i was asked to be in my house for the day—that they would call me between 9-11 to tell me when they would be able to come, and that there was no guarantee that they could come that day. Luckily they came and discovered that the part that was broken was indeed still covered under warranty. They charged me and said once the work was done I could ask for reimbursement from Samsung. The part was ordered and would take a week....so on August 8th (almost a month from the original contact) I was told once again to wait in the house from 9-11 for a call about when I could expect the repairman to arrive. He came and told me that in fact the refrigerator could not be repaired and that he would submit that information and I should hear from Samsung within a few days to get a new refrigerator.  On August 15th I received an email saying that they had processed the paperwork for a new refrigerator and I should contact them if I did not want the unit.  On August 17th I called because I wanted a time frame for delivery.  At that point I was told that the new refrigerator would be delivered within 7-10 business days and that I should wait for a call from the delivery company. On August 22nd I recieved a call where I was told that they paperwork had not gone through because I had not confirmed that I wanted a new refrigerator. At this point I asked if an exchange was my only option and was told that it was the only thing they could do. On August 27th I recieved a text that said I would receive my new refrigerator in the next 7-10 days and to wait for a call. 10 Days later I called and was told that the refrigerator was still on route and there was nothing that could be done but as soon as the trucking company received the refrigerator I would get a call and get the unit. At that point I asked to escalate the situation and speak to a supervisor and was told someone would call me back—no one called back. I called back serveral days later, understandable upset and was told that the unit was arriving for delivery to the trucking company on September 19 and that if I did not hear from them to call samsung. On September 20 I called samsung. I was told that a rush was put on the delivery and I should recieve the unit within the next 4 days.On September 23 I called because I had not heard from the delivery company. The first agent I spoke with gave me the number of a trucking company and my exchange reference number, and told me it was on me to call and schedule the appointment. I called the number...it was disconnected.  The second person I called gave me the shipping number, confirmed the exchange number and gave me a new phone number. That phone number required a director extension, which I did not have, so I was stuck on a phone loop.  The next person I spoke with said they were not allowed to give out phone numbers to the trucking company, and that in fact the information I had been given about the trucking company was incorrect. I was then pushed to their supervisor. At that point the supervisor told me that the trucking company did not have the refrigerator for delivery because it was still at the warehouse. I asked about a timetable and was told it was up to the trucking company and there was nothing Samsung could do. I then asked to speak to their supervisor and was put on hold for 20 minutes—something I was ok with because I knew no one would call me back. I then was told that I was being connected. Someone picked up the phone—I said hello-and then was put back on hold for 20 minutes—clearly forgotten. So I called again. I asked the representative to just review my file (which now takes 10 minutes to read) and connect me to the supervisor. After being on hold for 10 m invites was told that there was nothing that the supervisor could do to help and that the were going to escalate the call and I should recieve a call within 3-5 days.  After 2.5 months of dealing with this I asked for a call that day. I was told that the only thing that could be done was for this representative to ask for a call to be made sooner rather than later and the only tool they had to contact their supervisors, the people in returns and exchanges, was to email them. 

At this point I would just like a full refund for the refrigerator.  

I am also drafting this story to be sent to all consumer groups in Massachusetts, to Lowes (where I purchased the unit), to American Express, and to the Attorney General. This story will be sent out on Friday if I have not recieved confirmation of a refund in writing with a timetable. From everything I have read online Samsung likes to take months to address customer concerns. I think 2.5 to live without a refrigerator is unacceptable. As the unit is still under warranty it means that Samsung essentially owes me $3,599, the retail price for a Samsung Flexzone.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: After 2.5 months I am still waiting for an exchange for my refrigerator

So we can look further into your concern, can you send us your ticket number to the link below? 

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usercRzymnbBmf
Constellation

I've been having a similar problem since July 31.  I'd appreciate any assistance. Thank you. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@usercRzymnbBmf    Please send a recent ticket number to this PM Link, and we will look in to this for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8icvGS3Q6Q
Constellation

Make sure samsung support sent your work order to the correct state

Samsung_W2dRYaS
Constellation

Thank you for making the effort to publish the detail of this experience. I will avoid Samsung appliances. I was looking at a washer dryer pair yesterday but now it is no longer a consideration.