cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userYsE37hOjR4
Constellation

An absolutely gorgeous looking refrigerator that cannot make Ice without freezing over

My very first Samsung appliance, a 4 door flex black stainless refrigerator, for our newly remodeled kitchen.  Before the issues with the Ice Maker freezing over began we purchased a Samsung dishwasher and a washer/dryer combo.  From what I read in the community and the appliance technicians tell me (since we visit every 3 months) the Ice Maker is "Irreparable".   Best Buy was investing too much of the Geek Squad's time with Samsung Ice Maker Repairs they have solicited a third party to take the calls.

No one can tell me 'WHY THIS SIMPLE ICE MAKING UNIT FREEZES ITSELF'?  

The seals are good, the gaskets line up, the reset chimes when pushed and rechimes to verify the ice maker is working properly.  I am willing to try turning down the H2O pressure. 

Another fix (not my fridge) is to check the water inlet hose on the back of the fridge and ensure it is not pushed in too far as this will overflow the tray.

It is ludicrous to think that a Refrigertor that posesses the most aesthetically advanced appearance coupled with the most technically advanced interior and functional design would have such a simple issue as the ice maker.  One relative, three neighbors and our cabinet maker have purchased this same 4 door flex counter depth black stainless unit after seeing ours in the remodeled kitchen.

That was before the ice maker issues.  We sure pray that our dishwasher, washer/dryer combo do not have any issues.  Anyone that has any further suggestions to repair the ice maker please list them.

Model RF23J9011SG/AA   MAN. SEP. 2017

Appreciatively, 

Geno M. 

1 REPLY 1
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: An absolutely gorgeous looking refrigerator that cannot make Ice without freezing over

We're sorry to hear that Geno! Please send us a private message if you would like for us to look into this for you: Link