Original topic:

Another Disable Wifi Post

(Topic created: 08-24-2024 08:17 AM)
CatBird490
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Since we don't have the option to buy an appliance without wifi, we now have 4 wanted wireless signals radiating from our new appliances.  How do I turn this off?  No person in this household will ever use this feature, or ever desire to download a phone app to control them.

Fridge - RF22A4121SR/AA

Micro - ME21DB630012/AA

Dishwasher - DW80CB545012/AA

Range - NSI6DB930012AA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @CatBird490! Thank you for reaching out! Each model will have different options to turn of the Wi-Fi Please see below. Also, please keep in mind these may or may not work

RF22A4121SR/AA

1. Press the "Fridge" and "Freezer" buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi indicator should turn off, indicating that Wi-Fi has been disabled.
    1. Press the "Energy Saver" button for 10 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi symbol should disappear from the display, confirming that the Wi-Fi is off.

ME21DB630012/AA

1. Look for the "Smart Control" button on the control panel.
    2. Press and hold this button for about 3 seconds.
    3. The Wi-Fi icon on the display should turn off, indicating that Wi-Fi has been successfully disabled.

DW80CB545012/AA

1. Press and hold the "Delay Start" button for 3 seconds.
  2. The Wi-Fi icon should disappear from the display, indicating that the Wi-Fi is turned off.

NSI6DB930012AA

1. Press and hold the "Smart Control" button for 3 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi indicator will turn off, confirming that Wi-Fi is disabled. 
    1. Navigate to the Settings menu on the range’s control panel.
    2. Select "Wi-Fi" and toggle it off.

If these do not help then please look at your user manual for the devices. But otherwise unless your in a very specific circumstances this should not affect you, with the appliance wifis bsing on. If you need to you can block the connections from your router. You would need to look at your routers manaul to see how to do this.

View solution in context

3 Replies
usssera
Red Giant
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Is there a wifi setting menu? Did it come with instructions, and usually appliances I've read emit safe levels that don't harm people . I read if you turn off wifi and it's possible it will void warranty but try to get to wifi network or settings and see if you can disable the network no idea really but that sound like a good idea to turn it off if wanted would be safe idea.
RedOregon
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Read the owners manual. Very rare to not be able to just turn off the wifi.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello @CatBird490! Thank you for reaching out! Each model will have different options to turn of the Wi-Fi Please see below. Also, please keep in mind these may or may not work

RF22A4121SR/AA

1. Press the "Fridge" and "Freezer" buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi indicator should turn off, indicating that Wi-Fi has been disabled.
    1. Press the "Energy Saver" button for 10 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi symbol should disappear from the display, confirming that the Wi-Fi is off.

ME21DB630012/AA

1. Look for the "Smart Control" button on the control panel.
    2. Press and hold this button for about 3 seconds.
    3. The Wi-Fi icon on the display should turn off, indicating that Wi-Fi has been successfully disabled.

DW80CB545012/AA

1. Press and hold the "Delay Start" button for 3 seconds.
  2. The Wi-Fi icon should disappear from the display, indicating that the Wi-Fi is turned off.

NSI6DB930012AA

1. Press and hold the "Smart Control" button for 3 seconds.
    2. The Wi-Fi indicator will turn off, confirming that Wi-Fi is disabled. 
    1. Navigate to the Settings menu on the range’s control panel.
    2. Select "Wi-Fi" and toggle it off.

If these do not help then please look at your user manual for the devices. But otherwise unless your in a very specific circumstances this should not affect you, with the appliance wifis bsing on. If you need to you can block the connections from your router. You would need to look at your routers manaul to see how to do this.