Original topic:

Another update

(Topic created: 09-10-2021 08:26 AM)
user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Have anyone update their Family Hub fridge? Last week l received a message about new software update and I keep postponing it because the last time I did the update it was a nightmare it took me 2 months to correct the issue even reached to SmartThings.  If anyone can provide any feedback it will be greatly appreciated.  Don't know about you but these updates are usually not convenient to me but according to Samsung it's a great update I guess for the company not for the consumers I read a lot of complaints about the last update.
3 Replies
usergbreCNCvZX
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

DON'T DO IT!!!  They have removed a bunch of features, limited the amount of pictures on the board, added an overbearing Alexa making me mute the mic, the list goes on.  Check other forums and you will see.  When I asked to roll back here was the response.

Dear Samsung Customer,

Thank you for reaching out to Samsung Family hub support.

I hope you are safe and healthy.

We are sorry that you are facing issue with the new set up and we will certainly record a feedback from my end and forward it to our developers.

Unfortunately, there is no way to roll back to previous version once the update is installed. Please note that for Family Hub 6.0 devices, Bixby, Family board, To do, Calendar and Memo services have been removed. Family Hub mobile app is no longer supported in Family Hub 6.0 SW and creating profiles has been removed. Below are the new services supported with Family hub 6.0:

1. Home Board (New Feature) – This replaces the Home Screen layout /Family Board on 5.0
2. SmartThings Cooking (New Feature) - You can use the SmartThings mobile app's cooking service in conjunction with Family Hub.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused once again.

Please do not hesitate to reply back to this email for any questions on the above information, we are happy to help!

Have a great time ahead!

Best regards
Navya
Samsung Support

user5nhSXlTQqc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Oh wow! I wish I would have gotten this feedback before but I think and based on what I read it was the previous update that stupied me did it where now Alexa comes on all the **bleep**g time and the home board is different. I hate that update big time. Thanks for the feedback.
0 Likes
userWRzmmKOoMV
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This is such **bleep**!!!

0 Likes