Original topic:

Appliance delivery

(Topic created on: 12/3/20 3:57 PM)
usertQyKgmlbKK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I ordered appliances (fridge, range, dishwasher) through Home Depot in September in anticipation for a kitchen remodel which is now almost complete.  We ordered models that showed in Home Depot's system as not backordered to make sure we could get them in time.  The original delivery date was 11/14/20.  I was notified that the delivery was delayed due to issues getting the appliances from Samsung.  Delivery was rescheduled to 11/30/20.  I hadn't heard anything about when the delivery was supposed to occur so I called Home Depot.  The lady I spoke with contacted the delivery company and that the appliances "are on the truck" and would be delivered that afternoon.  I took the afternoon off of work and waited at home.  No delivery, no call. 

I go into Home Depot this morning (12/1/20) and they try calling the delivery company and can't get ahold of anyone.  They are finally able to get ahold of Samsung and were informed that the appliances will now not be delivered until mid-February!  The guy at Home Depot said the only thing they can do is cancel the order because once the order is placed, Samsung handles everything else, including delivery.  This is NOT a Home Depot issue; this is Samsung and their delivery company.

Now I am stuck.  In the remodel, we planned to switch from electric to gas range so I installed gas and 120V power to the new location based on the install instructions from Samsung for that model range.  Now, I have my old 240V oven and nowhere to plug it in.  Now, if I order another gas range, there is no guarantee that my gas connection will be in the right location.  Now, I don't have a refrigerator for the next three months.

I understand that there may be delays for items such as appliances due to COVID.  However, in my line of work, if a supplier couldn't deliver something for three more months, they would, at a minimum, communicate that something won't be onsite at the original promised timeframe.  If they didn't communicate that and just blew by the delivery time without so much as a call, email, or any other communication, they would soon be out of business.  I just don't get it Samsung!

8 Replies
userUbr9qq8EJE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same happened to me. I ordered mine on September from Samsung and today they called and said they cannot deliver until Feb.

This is crazy.

0 Likes
userQreEUoygW8
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am in same boat unfortunately! Samsung has lost my business in the future. Even with COVID delays of this long are totally unacceptable and Samsung needs to have better communication and support. 

userWgYnIk908e
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We are having the same problems- ordered oven, hood, dishwasher and refrigerator on Labor Day weekend; they have rescheduled delivery 4 times already. We also remodeled our home and sold the old appliances as we didn't anticipate the appliances being the hold up for our entire home renovation before we moved in. Thankfully, Home Depot delivered us some loaner appliances (no charge) to use until ours come in- perhaps you can try giving Home Depot a call to see if they can work something out for you. Samsung customer service is absolutely terrible- I have not even received the products yet but will not recommend them to anyone based on my experience working with them. 

Good Lick! 

0 Likes
userMJLA6NDKwP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had a range on order for 2 months through a distributor in the Buffalo area. The distributor claims that Samsung will not provide any information about a delivery date. I have called and messaged Samsung numerous times without success. Now I am giving Samsung my time in addition to my money. It seemed that Samsung would have been more accommodating if I had purchased direct from their website, I got the impression that Samsung would rather not have distributors. I will be cancelling my order for the Samsung and order from a company with a better customer focus. 

userlUWSqR1nJp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same thing happens to me. Did you get your appliance yet? My applicable was supposed to be delivered in early January but every week I receive an automated call saying my order got delayed and 2 days later another automated message giving me a fake new delivery date.

This happened 3 times already and when I contact Homedepot they say they don't have it in their warehouse yet, and Samsung just keeps saying the new delivery date is correct. It keeps going on a circle and no one seems to be able to give a realistic delivery timeframe. We have a new home and it's been a month and half without dryer now. Seems we might wait a lot longer, and the most frustrating part is that now one can even tell me what's going on.

useroIhNNl48Ud
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same I ordered during Black Friday Sales and it said it would be here Jan. 3rd. Then I get a call saying it was delayed till Feb. 12. Now it was moved to March 3. I hope they don't move it again but it's sad because I love Samsung but with this it's makeing me re-think.

0 Likes
usersJNPWCh8ZD
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I ordered a range in store at Lowe’s on Nov 11, 2020 for pickup. Was supposed to be ready by Jan 11, 2021. According to customer service, it was shipped Jan 14. It’s the end of February, and I still have no indication when it will arrive.

0 Likes
userIxGjOpPXVU
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We just got a notice (24 hours before scheduled delivery) that our order will be delivered 6 weeks from now. No apology, no acknowledgement even that the date WAS changed. Just a notice that appears as if  WE instigated the change.  Horrible customer service. I understand delays, but to not call, or even acknowledge that there is a delay on their part--and--worse-- waiting until 24 hours before the agreed delivery date when surely they knew this earlier, is showing a complete and utter lack of respect for the customer.  Canceling (of course) and going through some one else. At this late date, I'll probably still have to wait 6 weeks but I won't do business with a company that handles basic customer service so horribly.

0 Likes