JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Refill Pitcher LEAKS when Pouring

(Topic created: 10-11-2022 12:24 PM)
AMKMWK
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We have a brand new Samsung Model RF28R7351SG and the auto refill water pitcher leaks on the front rim when pouring water into a glass.  It does not matter how fast or slow the pour.  The top of the pitcher is properly attached to the container but still leaks.  There is a visible spot where the plastic is warped - NOT cracked, and it came out of the very thoroughly styrofoam-packed box this way.  It was definitely placed in the packing with the refrigerator with the defect.  I have looked on-line for replacement pitchers, but they are ridiculously expensive for just a plastic item with no electronics.  

Would this be replaced under the refrigerator's warranty since it came out of the box like that?   This is very disappointing because we use it often, since the front dispensing option does not have the greatest fill-time per glass.  

Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I can definitely understand the concern with your auto fill pitcher leaking. It sounds like you've already checked the most common causes of this, but I'm providing a link below to our full guide to be sure you've checked everything. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/

Once you've tried all the steps in this guide, if the auto fill pitcher is still leaking, we would recommend replacing it either through warranty service, or by purchasing a new one through SamsungParts.com. However, since you just purchased the refrigerator, you may also want to check with your retailer on their exchange policy. If you would like to proceed with the service option, you can send a private message to any of the moderators here to get that started. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I can definitely understand the concern with your auto fill pitcher leaking. It sounds like you've already checked the most common causes of this, but I'm providing a link below to our full guide to be sure you've checked everything. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001852/

Once you've tried all the steps in this guide, if the auto fill pitcher is still leaking, we would recommend replacing it either through warranty service, or by purchasing a new one through SamsungParts.com. However, since you just purchased the refrigerator, you may also want to check with your retailer on their exchange policy. If you would like to proceed with the service option, you can send a private message to any of the moderators here to get that started.