JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Refrigerator Auto-Fill pitcher not filling.

(Topic created: 06-02-2020 02:05 PM)
userJdRTOjXDwl
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I bought a RF22R7351SR and the auto-fill was working perfectly. Since a couple of weeks ago, the auto fill and the refrigerator are not working as it should. First of all, it changes the configuration by itself. I have set to water, and it changes to infused water and it never fill completely the pitcher. I tried everything and it's not working properly.

Wait for help.

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Some manuals may differ. Just to confirm: 

• Make sure that there are no cracks or damages to the pitcher.
    • If any of the pieces are damaged, they will need to be replaced. Visit samsungparts.com for replacements.
  • Take off the cap and let the water drain
    • The cap is located at the bottom of the holder.
    • Even if you don't see any water visible in the compartment above, there may still be some in the drainage area that needs to come out. If your model doesn't have a rubber drain cap, then skip this step.
  • Here's a link with more information about the pitcher not filling: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201488/

If the above troubleshooting link didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. 

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello. To better assist you, what troubleshooting steps have you tried? Are you able to dispense water from the door?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJdRTOjXDwl
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have tried everything the manual shows(it's not much).  Yes, the water dispenser is working. The Auto fill kind of work. Right now I opened the door and the pitcher has only half-filled. And later it will have 3/4, but it's never complete.

Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Some manuals may differ. Just to confirm: 

• Make sure that there are no cracks or damages to the pitcher.
    • If any of the pieces are damaged, they will need to be replaced. Visit samsungparts.com for replacements.
  • Take off the cap and let the water drain
    • The cap is located at the bottom of the holder.
    • Even if you don't see any water visible in the compartment above, there may still be some in the drainage area that needs to come out. If your model doesn't have a rubber drain cap, then skip this step.
  • Here's a link with more information about the pitcher not filling: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201488/

If the above troubleshooting link didn't help, here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. 

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

0 Likes
userJdRTOjXDwl
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There are no crakes or damaged parts in the pitcher.

The cap is off. No leaks or water al all.

I don't think it is a problem for someone to come here. I believe its something easy to do. The problem is that I don't find guidance to this problem at all.

0 Likes
userJdRTOjXDwl
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone that could help me?

Is there any way i could chat with a technician to try to solve my issue over the phone/chat?

userScuYX29FCW
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

In Dec 2019 we purchased Samsung model RF28R6401SR/AA and the auto fill pitcher was a great feature. However since March 2020 the pitcher will not auto fill.

i have tried:

1. To reset the system by turning the auto fill off then back on

2. Remove the rubber cover to drain excess water (the auto fill indicator was not blinking but I figured I would give it a try).

3. Unplugged and replugged the fridge in.

4. Checked the water line and there are no links or build up.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

RF28R6301

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I would love to assist you with this. I just have a few questions. Have you noticed any cracks on the pitcher? Are you able to dispense water from the door? Make sure there is no moisture in the Autofill compartment. After that I would like for you to try the following steps:

• Unlock the refrigerator's control panel.
  • Turn on the Auto Water Fill or Autofill Pitcher setting.
  • Close the door.

Wait about 5-10 mins and then open the door to see if the pitcher has water in it. If your pitcher still does not fill service is required.

Feel free to send me a private message with your serial number to proceed with service. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

0 Likes
userrlG8Ked3DU
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung RF28R7351SR/AA refridgerator and now the auto fill pitcher works intermittently. Sometime when I turn off the auto fill and turn it back on it will start working again for a day or so. But now I cant get it to work at all.

I've checked the water line and have good pressure, and removed the cap below the pitcher holder and no water comes out. Im not sure what else to try.

userLlJqLxwTuE
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Ours recently wouldn't auto fill the pitcher partly or none altogether.  The water dispenser outside also just stopped working abruptly.  I noticed the filter light flashing.  Replaced the filter and problem seems to be solved.  I wish it would operate as normal without changing the filter, but if this is the resolution, I'll take it.  

0 Likes