Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Autofill not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

We just got our Samsung fridge in early December 2019. We had to have the pitcher replaced because it was leaking. Now, the autofill has mysteriously stopped working. I checked the cap underneath and no water came out. The Autofill is listed as on in the side panel. The fridge door has been shut completely. The pitcher is all the way in. The water works from the front panel. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot from here?  

thank you! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Autofill not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are having an issue with this. Please send your full model code and serial number via private message? You can also call directly to 1-800-SAMSUNG

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has the fridge been moved recently? To better assist, can you provide the model code to your fridge?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem.  Autofill was working great, then all of a sudden, nothing.  No blinking light, fridge not moved.  Just all of a sudden stopped working.  Read the manual and did all the suggestions, but nothing.  Any other ideas?  My model # is  RF23M8070SR/AA.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have same problem. Is the answer just send a personal message with the fridge model code to SamsungLarry? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get an answer to this problem?  I have the same situation exactly.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you are having an issue with this. Please send your full model code and serial number via private message? You can also call directly to 1-800-SAMSUNG

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not yet.  I'll post it here if I get it working again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone, the solution for my issue with the autofill pitcher was that they had to replace the whole door!  Luckily, the Samsung rep gave me a complimentary one time 'repair' ticket.  The door probably cost $800 and the repairman would have been a couple hundred I assume.  It didn't cost me a dime!  Apparently there was a short circuit in the door that couldn't be fixed in the field, had to replace the door.  It works now good as new.

Thanks again Samsung for the great customer service.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well mine is working on and off again. A short in the door sounds probable since it works sometimes then other times not. I guess I'll have to get a hold of them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I was able to fix mine by making sure the freezer and beverage drawers are completely shut. I didn't realize one was not pushed in completely or that it affected the autofill. I had to kind of push them in with my hip. I also have to make sure the fridge doors are completely shut as well. That fixed it for me. The other time it stopped working I had to get the water out of the cap underneath and really push the pitcher into the slot.