Original topic:

Why does my ice taste bad?

(Topic created: 07-13-2020 11:31 AM)
userZFqSRgYTTC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

• The water line of my 3 year old Samsung refrigerator model # RF18HFENBSP had to be replaced. Since replacement (about a month ago), the ice tastes horrible. We have made and dumped countless buckets of ice but no improvement in taste. We figured the water filter needed replacement but unfortunately, this model does not have a water filter to replace. Does anyone have any suggestions on how this can be rectified? Any help would be appreciated. 
    - ND
0 Likes
3 Replies
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Was the water line replaced professionally? Have you tried to reset the ice maker? Does the water taste bad also?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZFqSRgYTTC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello SamsungBri,

Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions, the new water line was professionally installed. The model that I have does not have an ice maker in the door so I don't believe there is a way for me to reset the ice maker as you asked. The ice is made inside the pull out freezer door. If it is possible, please let me know how I go about doing this. Also, the water going into the fridge comes from the same line as my sink water which tastes fine. Again, this model fridge does not have ice / water dispenser in the door.

0 Likes
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Gotcha! See the image below on how to reset the ice maker. I would recommend throwing the old ice away before resetting the icemaker. (or you can store it somewhere). Wait about 24 hours and then see if the ice is still bad. 

If so, I would recommend contacting who installed your water line because you have been experiencing this since the new water line was installed.

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions or concerns. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes