Original topic:

Bad refrigerator ice maker doesn't work/leaking water in crisper

(Topic created on: 2/23/21 9:48 AM)
userYDZWVoFbOW
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have had this refrigerator for two years.  Issue #1 - still under warranty-freezer defrosted. Made service call and it was fixed.  A month later ice maker stops working and smells. Was told by Samsung service that we burned up the motor by putting a hair dryer on it. Refused to fix it.  So we've been buying ice for about a year! For about six months now the back of the refrigerator leaks water into and under the crispers. 

Want this fixed or my money back!  These are clearly defects in the refrigerator.

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqpXyn4FNTs
Constellation
Options

Make them replace it because next, it will stop cooling in the freezer. Then they offer you a prorated price.  Hold out for full replacement.I was given money for the ice maker and accepted it thinking I could live without the icemaker. 1 month later the whole thing quit and they said since I took money for the ice maker all warranties were void. Do not fall into that trap. I wondered why they were so eager to offer some money but they already knew by the serial number that the whole thing would quit in a month or two. really upset. They gave me enough to buy half a refrigerator and this one was only 14 months old.

0 Likes