Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

Re: Bad taste after filter replacement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After flushing about another 3 gallons of water it still had the bad taste. I then went to remove the filter to try the water without it installed as you suggested and I discovered that the filter was totally dry inside. Apparantly due to the poorly redesigned newer filters that are extremely difficult to install the filter was not installed all the way until it clicked into the proper place. Therefore, the water was not being filtered at all. The mark on the filter is now aligned properly. After flushing 3 gallons through the apparantly unused filter the taste is now greatly improved. In other words there is no taste! Hopefully my issue is fixed and won't return in a couple more days. I will keep you posted.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, please keep us posted.

user5jVv0RLrZy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In follow up to my previous post I made 2 weeks ago, the answer to my issue of bad taste after changing to a new filter was simply that my filter was not fully installed.  Due to Samsung's unexplained redesign of the filter it makes it very hard to install all the way, therefore my filter and perhaps some of the others were never properly installed which means that the water was not being filtered at all!  My water now tastes great again now that water is actually going through my filter.  I had to shave off part of the first notch to get mine all the way on. Can Samsung please explain why you redesigned the fiter making it near impossible to install? This may be why so many others are having this bad taste issue!!

userI64KTEuEhH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This fixed my problem but i wonder why it had been workimg for about 30 days before going bad. Maybe it slips out of position?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userdfEXx37qy6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Purchased the fridge 2 years ago, replaced filters before and no issue. Just changed the filter and the water has a musty / moldy smell. Ice smells too. Tap water is fine. Changed filter again, still smells. Made sure filter was in properly, water is running through it. Took filter out and ran water without filter, no smell. 

Fridge is very clean. 

Ideas? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the water is not having the smell when the filter is not inserted in the unit, then the filter would be causing the symptom. Where was the filter purchased? 

userdfEXx37qy6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After a few days of no filter, the smell is back. So with filter and without filter, we have a smell like rotten eggs or septic. 

The water coming out of the tap has no smell.  Same piping. 

Could the piping  system within the fridge be contaminating the water? Aren’t the water lines a closed loop?  

Thoughts? 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How long have you had your unit? 

userdfEXx37qy6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2 years