cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDOG007
Constellation

Re: Bad taste after filter replacement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  Been over a month since replacing Samsung for Samsung water Filter.  Ice is tasting funky as well.  Having to run water thru a Brita.  Has Samsung stopped responding to thie thread?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

userXBQAgc8dhU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having this same issue. The original

filter was great. The one at bought at Home Depot tasted terrible after a month. It’s awful!! What do we do?!?

Highlighted
userI64KTEuEhH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mystery solved by another post! I reinstalled making sure that the arrows were aligned properly and it installed easily. After a couple quarts of water, its back to normal.

Previous post:

On my 2nd set of filters for my 4-door Model RF23J 9011 SR refrigerator. The first set worked fine in terms of smell and taste.

With the last one (samsung brand again), my water started tasting musty after about a month.

I installed a new one 30 days ago (generic) and the musty smell/taste still returned. My tap water is fine. 

I assume this would support a problem with the refrigerator. Any thoughts or ideas? Its too expensive to keep troubleshooting at this point.

userpxT3DfYuDw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had same problem. Ran several gallons of water through. Water was much worse than tap water, kind of metallic or like it had been stored for a while in an unclean container. After reading these posts I removed the filter and found that filter did have water in it, and water from fridge tasted same with or without filter. Replaced filter, but pressed in firmly when replacing it to make sure the filter seated well. Bad taste seems to be gone. Working theory is that the filter was getting water in it, but all water was not flowing through (I don't know the inner workings of the plumbing of the fridge so I'm just guessing based on others' posts). Now that it is installed better, all water is flowing through the filter. 

userfUiBfPPetN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just bought a brand new Samsung refrigerator and the water tasted way worse than crappy tap water.  I spent $40 or so to buy a new one filter.  It taste just as bad.  What the heck??? 

I have a Fridgidaire older model and the water is awesome and the filter cost 1/3 of the price.  What can I do.  Samsung needs to address this.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you provide the model of the filter?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBLZz2lvaT4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues for months now. I changed the filter 3 times in the last 2 months. Water tastes bland and salty. 

I keep reading about using force to install and the lines having to match on fridge and filter bottle but for some reason i cannot get them to do to the design of the filter bottle. 

Or is something else wrong. Its driving me crazy!