cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Bad taste after filter replacement

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried turning the water supply off and flushing the lines completely? Also, when you insert the water filter you want to make sure you put some force behind it. our filters have changed a little bit for a tighter fitting so, if not completely inserted it will not complete its job. 

user8sZ4NXvV6B
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m on my third filter, thinking the filters were bad. I now realize I hadn’t installed them properly. Once I did, I could hear the filter “seat” and water start to flow through it. I believe my issue is now solved!  Thanks SamsungMichelle!!

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, just checking in to see if you still needed help with this. 

userH6BBhbb6UH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let everyone in on the test that they want you to run 

Highlighted
userH6BBhbb6UH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let everyone in on the test that they want you to run 

By the way my Frigidare is brand new with new filter. 

I especially bought this product so I wouldn't have to buy bottled water. 

Water from refrigerator is disgusting 

userGweESeDJSm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find a solution?  I am having the same issue? 

userhXNMWFZgrQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed that after changing my refigerator filter last week the water began to taste salty and heavy.  I took the filter out of the refrigerator and the water tasted like regular city supplied tap water.   The number on the side of the Samsung filter is 34-8719-7721-0.  I purchased the filter directly from a named company.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From where was it purchased?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still needing assistance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userqv8naAoubp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the same issue as well. It has been more than a month since changing the filter and the taste/smell has not gone away. We experienced this with the last filter change as well. Once it finally tasted OK it wasn't that long after it said it was time to change the filter again. The tap water tastes fine out of every faucet in the house, the only issue is with the fridge. Please provide some feedback to all your customers that have posted regarding this topic. It is frustrating to not have a solution, as I feel that simply buying another filter is not an adequate solution. At nearly $40-$50 a filter it would be an expensive venture to continue to change these on that frequent of a basis.