JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby app frozen/stuck on Family Hub!

(Topic created: 05-20-2020 03:44 PM)
bridaus
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Bixby on family hub is stuck on the "Get Started with Bixby" with my email address on it and a next button.  Clicking the button does not result in any action other than the button depressing...

I have tried:

1. Restarting the family hub.

2. Clearing data for the "Exploring Bixby" app.

Any/all ideas are welcome!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userUNkSE47hjB
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had same problem, I finally was able to fix. Here what I did...

1st pulled up all apps by swiping up

2nd on the right side you should see an option for "app setting" and "update all". Click app setting.

3rd click explore bixby. Click clear cache.

4th restart fridge.

5th. Once it reboots Repeat steps 1 and 2 but click on update all apps instead.

6. Last, once update is complete. Swipe up to bring up all apps, click the explore bixby app. The moment it pops up on the Get start Screen quickly hit the next button about 3 times really quick.

For me it forced bixby to next page and since then it been working I'm not sure if it would work for you but I thought I would share. 

View solution in context

18 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I have your full model code? I would like to look into this a little deeper for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bridaus
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

RS22T5561SR

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Another question have you tried power cycling the fridge? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
bridaus
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Yes, using power button on top of door which power cycles the hub.  Still does the same thing.

0 Likes
userjfvMXZxurA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am having the same issue and have power cycled any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Model # RF28R7551SR/AA

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can you make sure it doesn't have a child lock on it? If you can see that feature on there. Also, I recommend reaching out to smart things department at 1-800-Samsung

0 Likes
adean57
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have precisely the same problem with model RS27T5561SR

I see you got a response to try power cycling the fridge.  Did that work for you?  How is it done.  Just unplug the fridge?  Or is there a reset of some kind?

0 Likes
usersFUqT36oqr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the exact same problem too. Same model fridge.

0 Likes
adean57
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I contacted chat support.  They asked me to unplug the fridge for 60 seconds.  That did not fix the problem.  They are escalating to tier 2 support and I should hear from them via email in a couple days.  I'll let you know what I find out.

0 Likes