cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mike_g_1027
Constellation

Black Stainless

Hi all, I just purchased a set of Samsung black stainless steel kitchen appliances. They look great but there were small scratches on the refrigerator and microwave. I called the store where I purchased and he asked me if I wanted to request a return. I thought no, I don't want to do that, I am just about to have them installed; I assumed there was a way to buff them out or apply a touch up. I was happy to see, Samsung has a specific touch-up paint. I called Samsung and they told me that the scratches are not covered. So I do some further research to see if I have another option to fix it myself. I was surprised to see the Black Stainless is a big issue for many customers. Apparent, its common for the finish to actually stat "flaking' as easily as 9 months after purchase. Again, the biggest surprise if that Samsung does not stand by the durability of their black stainless finish. Now, I am looking into returning the entire set: Refrigerator, Gas Range, Microwave and Dishwasher. These are not even installed yet. I paid extra for the beautiful finish but, I don't want to deal with the issues I have seen many go through. Can Samsung please reply to assure me that this will not happen to me? Here are my model numbers: Range NX58K9500WG Refrigerator RF22k9381SG Dishwasher DW80K5050UG Microwave MS19M8020TG
2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Black Stainless

@userX3plBwDjar The scratches could cause further damage like rust down the line if not treated. It's your choice whether you would like to contact the retailer or not. 

mike_g_1027
Constellation

Re: Black Stainless

Thanks for the reply.

I contacted the retailer and Samsung. I want to treat the scratches rather than return; however Samsung said I need to pay ~$60 for a 0.5 oz bottle of paint; the size of a bottle of nail polish. They will not provide the paint at no cost to me even though the appliances are new. I think providing paint to me for free was a good compromise in order for me to keep them. This is a terrible way to treat customers. The retailer says they don't carry the paint but would help facilitate a return for a different brand. After doing some more searching I see that the 'peeling' and 'flaking' issue is pretty big deal; even heard about a class action that was started. So now I'm looking into a full return as I haven't even plugged them in yet.