cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Black mold brought on by leaky Ice maker

We own a Samsung refrigerator that has a leaky ice-maker.  We filed a complaint and a Svc Tech came to replace the icemaker and motherboard.  When the Svc tech moved the refrigerator he found a black Mold spot that was 12" x 12" on the wall.  This spot was due to the leaky icemaker.  The Tech called Samsung and video taped the situation to the Samsung representative.  The Tech said they would have someone contact us to discuss the way forward.  The Tech stated that this is a common problem with the leaky ice maker and that someone would come and remediate the site on the wall.

My Question;  what about the Black Mold that is INSIDE of the refrigerator?  I am 57 years old and have had more Headaches the last 3 years than I have had my ENTIRE life.  I developed a persistent dry cough and have had days I felt so exhausted (feeling like I just ran a marathon) that I could not go to work.  

Has anybody experianced this Black Mold situation with their fridge?

If there is black mold on the outside - my guess is that it would also be be inside in between the outer and inner wall.  If they remediate my wall  - how are they going to ensure the remaning black mold inside the refrigerator does NOT contaminate my food?

I do not think it reasonable for Samsung to simply remediate the wall and not do ANYthing about the inside of the fridge.

IMG_0063.jpgIMG_0065.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Constellation

Re: Black mold brought on by leaky Ice maker

Ya thats horrible they should replace fridge for sure!
Astronaut

Have the health department peek at that, that's ridiculous.
Constellation

Not less than 2 minutes after I posted this - Samsung texted me and offered me a depreciated amount of $937.94 to replace my refigerator, right there and then no questions asked simply "here take some money and go away".

Samsung KNEW they had a defective ice maker and chose to do nothing except put my family in danger of toxic Black Mold.  My childen ate and ARE still eating food that is possibly contaminated with Toxic Black Spores.   

I have had unexplained medical symptoms  - as those representative of Black Mold Toxicity, going on for nearly 3 years, and Samsung wants to offer me a "depreciated" shut up and go away check.

Well, I am NOT going away.