cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userw8n1YHg8m6
Asteroid

Bottom Ice Maker - Makes Ice...Doesn't Dump Into Bin

Brand new refrigerator...ice maker makes ice but we have to manually dump it into the bin. Bwe have tried resetting and it then dumps and makes more but again does not dump the new ice.  We have messed with the lever on the ice maker, removed bin and replaced, and turned off and back on the ice maker.  

What is our next step?

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Bottom Ice Maker - Makes Ice...Doesn't Dump Into Bin

Did you have the refrigerator professionally installed? Are you noticing any frost in the freezer?

userw8n1YHg8m6
Asteroid

We did. No frost yet. They did remove the drawer to bring it into the kitchen so I wondered if something just isn't lined up right now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is the full model code of the refrigerator? Do you use the ice from the bottom freezer regularly? (This eliminates the possibility of it freezing up in the bucket.)

userw8n1YHg8m6
Asteroid

It's brand new and has never dumped the ice. Works just fine when we press the reset button.  Model RF260BEAESR/AA

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userw8n1YHg8m6 Thank you for confirming. The refrigerator will need to be serviced. Will you please send a private message with the following:  http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:

Email address:

Place of purchase:

user9m3XlbatQI
Asteroid

I have a Samsung French Door frig with the ice maker on t...

I have a Samsung French Door frig with the ice maker on the top. Had issues with the ice maker from the day it was installed. Samsung makes some great products, but from what I have seen, kitchen appliances are not among them.