cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7yAb7jZRhM
Constellation

Bottom of handle on refrigerator door is loose

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The right door handle on the refrigerator at the bottom is loose. There is a screw at the top of the handle that's on the outside and easy to get to. But the bottom of the handle doesn't have access from the outside. i took out the bottom tray and pulled back the rubber seal to find access to tighten. But there is none. Does the whole inside of the door need to be removed? Why is there no access like the top of the handle???? Not comfortable or seeing a way to remove the whole inside door to get to this screw to tighten. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone found a solution? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tcourson23
Constellation

Re: Bottom of handle on refrigerator door is loose

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the entire handle by loosening the set screw in the top of the handle. Once removed you’ll see a mount on the bottom tighten screw on the bottom replace handle tighten set screw in the top of handle. Should take care of loose handle. Had same problem with mine tech was making another repair and took those steps to tighten the handle on my refrigerator. 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this/ Please send your model and serial numbers to this link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

tcourson23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Remove the entire handle by loosening the set screw in the top of the handle. Once removed you’ll see a mount on the bottom tighten screw on the bottom replace handle tighten set screw in the top of handle. Should take care of loose handle. Had same problem with mine tech was making another repair and took those steps to tighten the handle on my refrigerator. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the input! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7yAb7jZRhM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. How simple, yet I had no idea the whole handle would come off that way. Again thank you!

userO7uKWMx0ES
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree this is how to fix the problem, but is there any way to prevent it from happening? I routinely have to re-tighten that screw underneath the handle every month or so. I'm not rough on the refrigerator and no kids use it. Why does this keep happening? Is there a washer or locking screw or something similar that might work here? Is this a warranty issue? It's very annoying...

user4rTvsLenig
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the tip.