Original topic:

Broiler Comes On During Bake - Samsung Range NE59J7850WS/AA

(Topic created: 07-08-2021 09:42 AM)
user4kCzLiiP5l
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This range was ordered in October 2018 was delivered December 2018. Had an issue with the broiler coming on while baking-thought it might be my error. The second time it happened-knew it was not user error-I contacted Samsung and with some push back they sent a technician out for a service check  and waived the fee since it was out of warranty. This was July of 2020. It happened again two days ago with the broiler turning on while baking. Each time it has burnt whatever was in the oven and filled the house with a great deal of smoke and a great deal of heat. The oven beeped this time an gave a C-21 error code-extreme temperature. No kidding, the broiler came on while the door was closed of course there was extreme temperature.

There are many issues here-ruining the food, causing smoke issues within the house and most importantly it is a HUGE FIRE HAZARD. I was reluctant to use it after the service call but I trusted,  with some hesitation, that it checked out. I was correct because it happened again and surely it won't be the last time if I ever use the oven again. A concern is that it may turn on by itself when the oven is not even in use-never say never.

Usually I use bake or convection bake-rarely do I use broil. This was pointed out to the tech and the service person with which I spoke. He said I should take a picture if it happens again-like that is the first thing I would think of while the oven is on fire! Not to mention it sets off the smoke alarms-which is a good thing, at least I can count on them to work properly. 

Now I have an expensive piece of junk that I am afraid to use. While I am on the subject, the microwave we purchased at the same time has experienced issues this week as well. The plastic vent cracked into many pieces while removing for cleaning and the door handle/spring has broken. The two pieces to replace are almost what we paid for the second piece of junk we now own. I understand planned obsolescence but less than three year is ridiculous, my cell phone is older than that, granted they cost as much.

This is the third range and third microwave I have owned over the past 37 years. The others never had issues but were replaced due to remodeling. They were all GE products. I liked the look and concept of you flex oven but the quality of your products does not hold up.

My question to you SAMSUNG, what are you going to do to help the consumer here? I have read the other posts of the same issue-so you know that this is not a fluke. This is by far a DEFECTIVE product.

0 Likes
1 Reply
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand your frustration. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link, and I will look in to your case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes