Original topic:

C-31 error code

(Topic created on: 3/31/20 4:53 PM)
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am super unhappy right now with my induction oven I ran a self clean last weekend and now I have a error code c-31 and nothing works ! I am stuck at home without ability to even cook !  I have spoken to at least 4 different tech services people without still getting any help I am done with Samsung and will never purchase again they have been zero help when it's obvious that something is defective in these ovens I have seen multiple complaints on line

28 Replies
Samsung_RPzhuvT
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Why this post

user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Can I please get some help on troubleshooting my oven what is c-31 error mean and I see others have had similar problem what is the fix? I need to be able to cook for my family 

0 Likes
Solution
Mikey_75
Product Expert
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hey @user8uV5LeEtj9 

Sorry to hear about your oven and hopefully we can figure something out. I looked up a Samsung range to see if I can find that error code and this is what I found.

senson.JPG

If the above troubleshooting steps didn't help, here are some service options:

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

- You can also connect with chat support.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

I will also add @samsungmoderators to see what else can be done.

@SamsungCaleb @SamsungAl @SamsungLarry 

Hopefully this helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userpRBMBeF6GA
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

After reading all the posts I would never buy any Samsung appliances and I will make sure anyone I know who is buying new appliances to stay away from any Samsung appliances.  This is ridiculous when they knowingly have a problem and they just leave it to the consumers to pay for or have to purchase a new appliance.  Not sure how they can feel good about themselves.  Thank you Debby

user9tdm5afhod
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This isn't a solution.  I am yet another customer that decided to try the self cleaning option for the first time and ended up getting a C-31 code.  And Support says it isn't a know issue contrary to the threads on it.  This is will be my last Samsung appliance for sure.  My ice maker on my new fridge has issues as well that we well known in the community but being addressed.

Ordering a new PCB out of pocket and installing myself as it seems straight forward.  The part number is DE92-03960B.

userPcUTwN45md
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

When they fixed mine the first time, because there is now a second time, the work order said DE92-03960H, not B.  You may have a different model.  FYI, the technician also changed the harness, which he said usually fries as well as the PCB; that part is DG96-00358A on my unit (NE58H9970WS)

0 Likes
userPcUTwN45md
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If I only had known!!!

Purchased NE58H9970WS in March 2020, did a self-clean in April: C31.

Got repaired 1½ months later, did a self-clean just now (January 2021): C31.

Sure, it's still under warranty, but statistics tell me I will get another C31, probably out of warranty that time.  What a mess.

The technician that came the first time acknowledged that he fixes C31s on a regular basis.

We love the unit, but we paid a hefty price for *all* of its functionality.

I'm scheduled for a repair and requested an extension to my warranty; we'll see what the response is.

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If the above troubleshooting steps do not help then this will require service, And you can send me a private message with your full model and serial number and I can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just sent you a private message nothing is working in troubleshooting thanks

0 Likes