Original topic:

C-31 error code

(Topic created on: 3/8/21 5:52 PM)
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am super unhappy right now with my induction oven I ran a self clean last weekend and now I have a error code c-31 and nothing works ! I am stuck at home without ability to even cook !  I have spoken to at least 4 different tech services people without still getting any help I am done with Samsung and will never purchase again they have been zero help when it's obvious that something is defective in these ovens I have seen multiple complaints on line

28 Replies
userthB9YEuB6F
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We contacted service for Samsung in our area (Columbus, Ohio) and they replaced main control board located in rear of unit. Range was powered back on with no errors. We initiated a 'Self Clean' cycle once more and it failed again with a C31 error and locked the oven door. Service has a 90 day warranty, so we scheduled yet another visit. I suspect they will replace the control board once more. This is a design issue and not a failure of a component

0 Likes
Xenithwar
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

File a complaint with the US product safety commission

0 Likes
userG42smWzvjg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue. No help. It's a know problem. They should repair this for free. I wouldn't buy again either

0 Likes
userG42smWzvjg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We did all the solutions and nothing worked. So now I have to pay for a oven. I used for 1.5 years

0 Likes
userQ7aVequX8E
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had the same issue, range is less than 2 years old and I used the "Self Clean" and got the C-31 error code.  Can anyone shed more light on this: how much did the part cost, what was the total repair bill?

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator and the range at the same time, already had a repair done on the refridgerator but at least that was still under warranty.  I am not happy with Samsung and their customer service was horrible.  Debating whether to repair this or call it a loss and buy something more reliable.

0 Likes
userQ7aVequX8E
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had this same error and was able to fix it myself, saving over $200 for a tech service visit.  The main PCB needs to be replaced, and if you pull the oven away from the wall and remove the back plate, the PCB is the only part back there.  Take pictures of it before unhooking any of the connections.  The part number for the PCB is DE92-03960B.  You can find this at a number of appliance part stores or buy online for about $150 - $170.  Just disconnect all of the color coded wires, remove the old board and replace with the new part and then plug all of the connections  back in.  I did this in less than 1 hour and the range is working perfectly fine again.

useruD4v99GIBp
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Does anyone know whether Samsung has addressed the known issue with the Code 31 error on the Samsung induction range?  The footprint works with our kitchen but so many people have this issue we are hesitant to purchase.

THANKS!

0 Likes
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Do not buy Samsung!! I will never buy another appliance from them, they have not addressed the issue at least with the ranges on the market and offer no assistance or compensation. Their customer service is possibly the worst I have ever had to work with and still no resolution DO NOT BUY!!!

0 Likes
user52uQaIui2d
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Replacing the DE92-03960B board also solved this issue for me.

I noticed, while replacing it, that the lower-left connector had completely burnt away. Seems like very poor design on the part of Samsung:

IMG_3748.JPG

0 Likes