Original topic:

C-31 error code

(Topic created on: 3/28/20 9:39 AM)
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am super unhappy right now with my induction oven I ran a self clean last weekend and now I have a error code c-31 and nothing works ! I am stuck at home without ability to even cook !  I have spoken to at least 4 different tech services people without still getting any help I am done with Samsung and will never purchase again they have been zero help when it's obvious that something is defective in these ovens I have seen multiple complaints on line

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userM95sbIgJSs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have this exact same problem. Model NE59J7630SS/AA Serial number <hidden>

WHAT PART NEEDS TO BE REPLACED?

Thank you in advance.

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm sorry to hear that, only a technician would be able to deem what part would need to be replaced. If the troubleshooting above did not help then this will require service and depending on the warranty you do have two options the first if you range is out of warranty you can use the link below to find a service center in your area or if your range is in warranty you can send me or any of the other mods a private message with your full model and serial number and we can get that set up for you. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It’s obvious to me that this is a big problem with these ovens not just an isolated one it happens after self clean  and seems to be from a defect

I’m stuck with no service in my area and no solution to my problem! 

The troubleshooting doesn’t help and I have no service in my area what am I supposed to do Local repair services won’t touch a Samsung 

0 Likes
userM95sbIgJSs
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Unacceptable.  What i am asking is what the technician would do withthe error code?  This isnt rocket science. There are only a handful of componenets.  Nad seeing how many similar problems that are on this board, i woudl assume that you have a huge knowledge base of the problem and solve. 

As per the chart above, is the NTC sensor a servicable part or is it a componenet of the main board? Is replacement of the main board what has been done on other calls?

0 Likes
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I agree unacceptable can we please get some help and a real solution for this

0 Likes
userI6d4PJIqvg
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just ran my first self clean on my oven today and the C31 code appears.

clearly this is a big problem with these units and should be covered under a recall or warranty.

Now I'm left without an oven !

is there a resolution to the fix for C31 ?

thanks

Nick

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If you've attempted to reset the unit by flipping the breaker still received the error message, service would be the next step.  If you would like to move forward with the repair, feel free to send me a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
user8uV5LeEtj9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I hate to say but don't expect any real help, I posted clear back in March and after a month of trying to get help finally gave up ! Will never buy Samsung again 

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You mentioned that the troubleshooting didn't work.  The next step would be to have the range serviced.  If you would like to move forward with the repair, feel free to send me a private message: http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

0 Likes
usergdltSDXETW
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am currently dealing with this issue for the second time in less than two years on the same appliance. Last time it was after a self-clean cycle. The technician said the heat damaged the board. The entire board had to be replaced, not just the sensor. He told us to not use the self-clean function again.  This time it was after cooking a pizza at 500 degrees so I guess the oven got too hot again.

0 Likes