Original topic:

CANNOT ADD PHOTOS TO SMART FRIDGE after TIZEN 6.0 UPDATE?

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 12:30 PM)
userfetGqzfngF
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There are so many problems with the recent decision by SAMSUNG to discontinue the Family Hub app and move to the SMART THINGS APP and TIZEN 6.0 update for the Smart Hub Refridgerator. So many problems. The one I want to ask about here is about PHOTOS. We so enjoyed adding photos from our phone to the fridge. That was a big selling point for us. I have heard on other chats that you can only have 6 pictures at a time (yes that is dumb) but right now I cannot even add photos to the fridge at all!! 

Previously you would upload from your phone using the Family Hub app that would then sync with fridge but with the SMART THINGS app there is no functionality for this. (there is literally no functionality at all unless you want to spend all day changing the temperature of your fridge or buying more Samsung products -- which I WOULD NEVER NOW DO AFTER HAVING THIS EXPERIENCE!!!) 

Any advice appreciated! Am I missing something? Thanks! #unhappysamsungcustomer

2 Replies
userf5A5rRX7Qr
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Just received my new Samsung fridge with Family Hub.  My wife spent multiple days setting it up via the Family Hub app only to find out that with the latest software version 6.0, the app is no longer supported and the only thing I can do on the SmartThings app is control the ice maker and temperature. 

I saw the following response from below from Samsung in another post

We spent extra for the Family Hub functionality and now it is completely stripped down in Smart Things.  Not very smart if you ask me as there are MORE removals of functionality and no improvements.   Please advise what Samsung plans to do about this? I would love to love this fridge but I feel like we got the bait and switch and may be returning this since it is not functioning as advertised when I purchased it. 

Good afternoon, I can certainly understand the concern for new changes. The release notes for the Family Hub Software 6.0 update shows improvements on performance and capability. Some changes you will notice are detailed below for you:
-Support for the Family Hub mobile app is being dropped, The SmartThings Mobile app will be the replacement, some feature restrictions will apply to memo/whiteboard/to-do/calendar functions.
-Home screen layouts will be changed, previous Family Board contents will be saved in the backup ablum of your gallery app
-Memo/Gallery widget is deleted, and memo/photo add function is provided with the menu button on the home screen.
-Animation, illustration, and family board themes have been deleted; default themes will reset to the Weather theme
-The clock style of the previously set cover screen is changed to the default clock style of each theme
-Voice ID function has been removed; Some speeches related to the Family Hub profile are no longer supported
-The notification status bar at the top has been removed
We appreciate any all feedback and would be happy to tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

userrFLi9xTOY9
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Did you end up keeping your fridge? I am in same boat leaning towards just returning it

0 Likes