cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNtmD9BuqmH
Asteroid

Cannot connect Samsung Family Hub to Samsung Smart Home App on Android Device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator.  It is the 3 door type.  I want to be able to view the contents of my fridge from my android phone, which is a Samsung Galaxy S6.  I am assuming I need the Samsung Smart Home App (not the Samsung Connect app, which I cannot find, and which is mentioned in the instructions).

I cannot get the Samsung Smart Home App to connect to the Family Hub on the fridge.  I open the Samsung Smart Home App on my phone.  I chose Refrigerator with touch screen.  I get instructions to turn on my refrigerator display, press "Easy Connection", and press "Connect".  I do this on the fridge.  Then nothing happens.  It says "Connecting to your device on my Smart Home app, and never connects.

Just so you know, both my phone and my refrigerator are on the same home wifi network at the start of this process.  I can get to Pandora and the web on on the refrigerator, so it is successfully connected to my home network.  My phone is also successfully connected to my home network.  And yes, I have both a 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz network, and they both are on the same one.  I tried it with having both connected to the 5Ghz and then both connected to the 2.4 Ghz.

I even tried while doing this to switch the wifi connection on my phone during this process to the network that the Refrigerator has, which shows up on my phone as [refrigerator] Samsung (LCD).   

On the "Connecting to your device" screen on my phone, there are never any other options.

After a while no matter what I try, the phone gives a message "Setup is not completed.  Please try again, and my refrigerator "Easy Connection" gives the message "Connection Failed, Please try again".

Any ideas?  Is it possible the Galaxy S6 phone is not a supported device?

Please help as I have paid a lot of money for this refrigerator, and this is one of the options that sold me on the refrigerator over other refrigerators.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userNtmD9BuqmH
Asteroid

Re: Cannot connect Samsung Family Hub to Samsung Smart Home App on Android Device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot install the Samsung Connect app.  When I do a Google search on my phone, it is listed in the search results as an app.  When I click on it in the search results, it says my device isn't compatible with this version.

However, I found another way to view the contents of my refrigerator, and for that manner the ability to access a lot of functionality on my phone.  I reset the Family Hub on the refrigerator to factory defaults (this may not have been necessary, but possibly creating a new profile was the key to getting this to work).  Then I went through the initial setup function screens.  When it came time to set up a profile, one of the options on the profile is "Connect".  When I click on this, it asks me to login to my Samsung account, then it asks for the mobile device phone number that I want to connect to the Family Hub..  Then I received a verification code on my phone in a text message, which I needed to enter into the setup screen on the refrigerator.

That allowed me to connect, not with the Samsung Connect, and not with Samsung Smart Home, but with Samsung Family Hub app I downloaded from the Play store.  As soon as I installed and opened the app, I didn't need to do anything more, and I was able to access the features of my refrigerator through this app.

Before, I must have skipped the connect step when creating a profile.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot connect Samsung Family Hub to Samsung Smart Home App on Android Device

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried reinstalling the app or using a different device to connect? ^Gill

userNtmD9BuqmH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can try with a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.  I haven't tried that yet.  I have tried reinstalling the app and reinstalling it did not work.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give it a try. The Samsung Connect app is still in the Google Play Store.

userNtmD9BuqmH
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot install the Samsung Connect app.  When I do a Google search on my phone, it is listed in the search results as an app.  When I click on it in the search results, it says my device isn't compatible with this version.

However, I found another way to view the contents of my refrigerator, and for that manner the ability to access a lot of functionality on my phone.  I reset the Family Hub on the refrigerator to factory defaults (this may not have been necessary, but possibly creating a new profile was the key to getting this to work).  Then I went through the initial setup function screens.  When it came time to set up a profile, one of the options on the profile is "Connect".  When I click on this, it asks me to login to my Samsung account, then it asks for the mobile device phone number that I want to connect to the Family Hub..  Then I received a verification code on my phone in a text message, which I needed to enter into the setup screen on the refrigerator.

That allowed me to connect, not with the Samsung Connect, and not with Samsung Smart Home, but with Samsung Family Hub app I downloaded from the Play store.  As soon as I installed and opened the app, I didn't need to do anything more, and I was able to access the features of my refrigerator through this app.

Before, I must have skipped the connect step when creating a profile.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! Thanks for the update, I'll keep this in mind if it comes up again. 

user1F4BLrtj4P
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For those not getting the verification number text message:  Try inputting your phone number WITHOUT the 1.  Just area code and number.

(The app instructions instruct to include the 1, but in some cases, per Samsung rep.,  that causes a problem and you won't get the verification number).

We had this problem.  Just got off the phone with a wonderful Samsung rep.  She told us to try the above.  Without the 1, we got the verification number and the rest of the connection went smoothly.  We have full functionality from the phone.

userlA9YfVCIOM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since the new update the family hub app on my phone won’t work. I have Factory reset my fridge 4 times. I’m getting no help from support. I can get the code but dont know what to do with it. My fridge isn’t asking for it. Anyone.. please help

userQj5w4vj3ZK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing the same problem & samsjng customer care is so pathetic ... they could not even fix my issue.. After the update all my phots on fridge are gone & i am trying to do that but i the easy connection is not able to connect.. restrted many time.. please someone who has faced the same problem & got a resolution, please share the resolution with us 

Toddfather
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought my fridge and having the same issue on first setup. Tried resetting to Factory Default. When trying to connect to my phone I get the confirmation code, login to Samsung, and get 99% then it fails.

When I try to go to Settings/Profile, I get a Network Error... makes no sense because the internet works on the Family Hub when this happens. I've verified on my Firewall that no sites are being blocked.

Any help would be appreciated.