Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Ice bucket stuck

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Most ice buckets can be removed by pulling them straight out. Some models may need to be slightly lifted up before removing it. If you aren't sure how to remove it, look in your user manual to make sure you are removing it correctly.

Samsung recommends that you change your water filter every 6 months. If your water filter has not been changed in the last 6 months feel free to purchase one on Samsung.com or samsungparts.com

Another way to remove your ice bucket is to defrost the unit either by unplugging it or turning off from the breaker until you are able to remove it. Once you have it removed feel free to reset the ice maker by pushing the reset button on the right side of the ice maker. 

Once you have confirmed that you are removing the ice bucket correctly and that the filter has been changed recently or within the last 6 months you are welcome to send us a private message with the full model code and serial number. Sending us a private message will determine if your product is in warranty or if it qualifies for any possible options. Messages can be sent using the following link or by visiting any mod's profile. --> http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Ice bucket stuck

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having an issue removing my ice maker. This seems to be a major flaw in the design. I've tried for the better part of 3 weeks to push up and pull out as instructed on the owners manual to no avail.

I've read your instructions provided and they do not help. This is a brand new refrigerator model number RF28R7351SG/AA.

Highlighted
Constellation

Stuck Ice Bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our ice bucket on our Samsung RF23M8570SR has been stuck.  It absolutely won't budge and isn't making ice.  How do we fix it without damaging the ice bucket or ice maker components?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Stuck Ice Bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The ice bucket is stuck and will not open so I cannot thaw the blockage that is stopping the unit from making ice. I know how to do it and have done it many times before.  Have also tried the hair dryer method.   Very frustrated after spending thousands of dollars. What am I supposed to do other than clear out my fridge and let it thaw for days. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry that you are experiencing this. I would love to look into this for you. Can you send us a private message with your model and serial number? http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, me too, and apparantly about a hundred other buyers.  Unit was installed serveral months ago, and now the ice bucket won't budge and I get a loud almost buzzing sound when trying to dispense ice.  I will not accept a refrigerator that requires me to defrost the icemaker monthly, or whenever.  

Highlighted
Constellation

Ice bucket stuck

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model RF28JBEDBSG/AA. Ice maker stopped working so tried to remove the ice bucket like the instructions say. Got it 1/2"-1" out, but now it's jammed. Tried Force defrost but it did not work. Now one of the doors won't completely shut and I can't get the bucket back in. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Ice bucket stuck

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our sincerest apologies for the frustration and inconvenience this has caused. Please feel free to send us a private message with your serial number so that we can look into this for you. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ice bucket can’t be removed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't remove the ice bucket from my Samsung fridge freezer. I've tried every solution I could find. Feels jammed, but I can't get access to unjamb.  About to give up and look for replacement..

Anybody have any success removing a stuck bin?