cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJR5CSKQHQm
Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I need help this ice maker has not worked for 4 months hate that we spent all this money on what we thought would be a good unit. RF25HMED8WW 

i can can not remove the bucket to try to reset the unit. I believe that it has ice chunks preventing the release 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userJR5CSKQHQm; Is there ice/frost blocking you from removing the ice bucket? If so, you may have to thaw the fridge a little so you can take the ice bucket out. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user1fUFw0tOgm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having this issue as well, first issue in 4 years of owning a samsung french door fridge. The ice maker stopped working, and could not remove the bucket. I turned off the ice maker last night. I could pull it out 1/4-1/2 inch, just enough to shove a hair dryer with a narrow nozzle attachment in. I put it on medium heat and high speed and moved it around so the plastic wouldn't get too hot. You can put your other hand under the ice maker and if the air coming out of there still feels cold, that means there is still ice inside. I did it in shifts over maybe an hour. I also ended up removing most items from the fridge to do this (good time for a cleanout and clean up), and the fridge temperature was up to +16C at one point. Once the box was removed I could see there was a large-ish chunk of ice that seemed to have formed and was the issue. Dried everything off and put it back in. If you can get it open a little bit, see if you can find a nozzle attachment for the hair dryer to stick in!

useroyTIHXuhuL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ours stopped working and couldn't remove as well.  Spent days off and on running a hot hairdryer through the cracks and trying to pull open.  Finally got removed.  Once removed I could see a huge amount of ice formed around the top portion of the drawer preventing ice to be produced and the drawer from being removed to fix.  Very bad design.  Hopefully Samsung redesigns future models to not do this.  Reminds me of the old non-self defrosting refrigerators.  It must be lacking airflow inside to self defrost or was not designed in.  Currently letting it defrost and will see if works again once frost free.  This was a major frustrating pain.

usertx6ej5sKd9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have model RF22K938 which is only 2 years old. I cannot remove the ice bucket, I have bee trying for hours and can't move it. 

Can you help me?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are instructions on page 52 of the user manual. Here is a downloadable link: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201602/20160204154129413/DA68-03194N-00.pdf

userznldONII2Q
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. Great TV's, horrible refrigerators.

Same problem ice maker is frozen cannot remove ice bucket from refrigerator.

Of course the warranty just expired. Previously had a problem with the constant open and closing of the ice maker flap allowing the ice fall to through the door.

userJo4z3IgISa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're kidding, right???  These people are telling you that the ice bucket is frozen in place and you're responding with removal instructions for an un-frozen ice bucket.

Seems you don't really understand the problem...

userAcG2m6YIS0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. Cannot remove ice bucket no matter how hard I try.   First off it took me 4 months to realize there is an ice bucket.  Manual states "lift ice bucket out" and it shows open freezer door with ice bucket in top drawer.  I clearly do not have this model.   My ice maker is in the fridge top left.  No lever or button or hint on how to remove. 

Finally had time today to research this.  Called Samsung three different times today.  Each time on hold for varying amounts of time.  First two times was sent bogus videos on various troublshooting items none pertained to getting ice "bucket" out. 

So I resorted to You Tube (which i should have done in the first place) and saw exactly how it was supposed to come out.  Mine dispenses ice but the "bucket" will not ome out. 

When i called Samsung the third time I politely but FIRMLY explained that i did not like being given the run around  the first two times I called, when they had me go to the fridge and try to pull it out, that the videos they were sending me were bogus.  They knew what the problem was.  i even told them i had my son-in-law (6'2") try to get it out a few weeks ago.

So... this 3rd time the rep had me change the freezer temperature to 5 (the highest setting )  to see if that will allow any frozen chunks to melt.  i must wait 24 hours.  i seriously doubt raising the temp a couple of degrees will do didley squat.

Then I will call again or smash it.  

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userAcG2m6YIS0: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and the serial number of the unit.