cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userL2IMipjPND
Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our brand new refrigerator, in service for a month, has this issue. What causes the ice to form at the roof of the ice maker?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userL2IMipjPND    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your full model and serial numbers to this link and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TG23
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Like everyone else here, my ice bucket froze up after only a few months of use.  I tried turning down the freezer and fridge  hoping that would melt the obviously ice clumps to no evail.  Tied turning off the ice maker and emptied all the ice i could through the door.  Now it won't even make ice.  I'm glad I'm finding this now as I was getting to remodel my kitchen and was  thinking about getting matching other appliances, not now. 

userRTQxYIYWg0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did that fix the issue? Were you able to get it out after that? I'm having the same issue. I worked on this for 3 hours last night to no avail. It won't come out far enough to even get a blow dryer in there. I'm so frustrated!!!! 

cathcam
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Add me to the list. Mine is a Model RF23HCEDBBC

I've wasted 3-hours on this. Chat support was useless, couldn't help. The online Troubleshooter was broken after step 2 all the click here links don't work.

user61lNxvhO6G
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't remove the ice bucket also. ( Model #RF23J9011).   Purchased my refrigerator only 8 months ago.  I've tried the hair dryer heating for about 15 - 20 mins; tried pushing up and pulling out bucket; the bucket will only move about 1/4 inch out and won't budge any further.  I've used as much force as possible, but i don't want to break any plastic components. This seems hopeless.  Removing all the food and turning off power is my last resort.  This is a major inconvenience and if this is a regular occurrence, is unacceptable considering the amount of money I've spent on this purchase.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userM0PZ2NBeq9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same problem and from what I’ve read so is everyone that owns a Samsung!! Why don’t they do something about it!

userOlIVvWslY5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same  problem with our  "high  end"   refrigerator  RF30HBEDBSR/AA.  The  problem started  when  it was only a few months  old.  The  bucket  has been stuck since then  and  we  haven't  been able  to use  the  icemaker.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userOlIVvWslY5 Please send us a private message if you would like for us to look into this for you: Link