cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBbN4fR7Mqe
Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have same problem on the Samsung Chef Refridgerator, RF34H9960S4, pl suggest options to take out the icemaker.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userBbN4fR7Mqe, are you attempting to replace the ice maker yourself? If so, you would need to purchase a service manual from Samsungparts.com for instruction on how to take out the ice maker. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBbN4fR7Mqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not trying to replace, just trying to remove the bucket - it seems to be stuck!
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like it is frozen over. Most ice buckets can be removed by pulling them straight out. Some models may need to be slightly lifted up before removing but you may want to look in your user's manual to make sure you are removing it correctly. If the ice bucket can't be easily removed, it's more than likely frozen. If this happens, do not use force to remove it, or use anything such as a hair dryer to defrost it. Please send us a private message to the link with your model and serial number. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Nylanfs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, we have a icemaker in a refrigerator model RF26J7500SR that the ice bucket is stuck. It can be pulled out about a 1/2" but gets stuck. It was purchased Dec 22, 2017.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have received your private message and will reach out to you there. 

userqXr9SdBHdm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a similar problem with my 4 month old fridge. DON’T USE A HAIR DRYER!!  I called Samsung and they sent a repairman who said I had an ice jam that prevented the ice bucket from coming out and:

1. This is a problem which Samsung recognizes. 

2. They are extending warranties to cover repair or replacement if necessary. 

3. The hair dryer fix may very well nullify your warranty. 

Call Samsung before you do anything just to see if you qualify.

I have ice now  (Yay!) and I hope you will soon as well. Good luck!

Jz

userl0oiYd6kYL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I, too, encountered this problem (ice maker bucket stuck, impossible to remove) with a Samsung refrigerator less than 11 years old. I tried all the "tips" and "tricks" discussed in the various online threads, including this one. I tried force-defrosting the refrigerator/ice maker compartment, blowing warm air into the ice maker bucket, sitting a pan of hot water underneath the ice maker enclosure... you name it, I tried it. Nothing worked; the ice maker bucket would not budge even a tiny fraction of an inch. Either it was mechanically "jammed", or it was frozen solid (likely). I should note that the ice maker itself continued to work and to dispense ice; I just couldn't get the bucket out.

After reading what seemed like 100's of user experiences with this problem in this and other online threads, it became obvious that this is a design flaw common to Samsung refrigerators. In fact, I came across one thread that indicated there is a class action suit againsst Samsung over this very issue (the suit is currently in court-ordered mediation).

In the end, I finally "threw in the towel", concluding that even if I could eventually get the bucket unstuck, the problem would occur again, and I'd be back in the same boat. So, I decided to "solve" the problem by purchasing a new refrigerator (not Samsung!). Granted, you shouldn't have to replace a refrigerator less than 11 years old, but it seemed clear that this problem could not be "fixed" and it would be an ongoing nuisance. And after this one experience, I did not want to deal with it again!

Nylanfs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a hold of Samsung's service dept here and they sent out a tech to fix it within the week.

userZgvQ15Un2Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I  have tried and tried to remove my ice bucket in my RF323TEDBSR  refrigerator and it still won’t budge. I have used my hairdryer as well and nothing. The only thing I haven’t tried is unplugging it. Any ideas?