cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb0588
Constellation

Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had a model RF23HCEDBSR refrigerator delivered yesterday.  Tonight I tried to remove the ice bucket and it will not come out.  I followed the directions in the user manuel to no avail.  Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

123 REPLIES 123
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi kb0588! Make sure that you're only pushing upwards on the front of the ice maker and then pulling out in order to remove the ice bucket.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfyHgezZTh6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have been pulling up and out for better part of hour wihtout success. Just returned from a month's vacation, so I'm guessing an ice clump is obstructing the removal. Do I need to shut down entire frig to melt this suspected clump?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If there is indeed a ice clump blocking it, melting that clump will be your best bet. You can unplug the unit to do so, but then you risk food spoilage. There no real method that's recommended but I have seen people take a hair dryer to it. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user69GRHx9qHp
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Use of the hairdryer for 10 minutes worked for me to get cover off; than another 10 minutes to melt ice chunks in unit. Should probably check it ever so often (2-4 weeks?)

Highlighted
userQcUU72Tbnb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have to be careful with the hair dryer.  Pointed it in the bin for 10 seconds and warped the plastic such that it does not fit together anymore.  Likely to leak now.  New Ice maker on the way at what cost I don't want to know!

userYg2LXQrWZ3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having same issue with ic maker not making ice and cannot remove ice bucket. Help please

RobStl
Asteroid

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem with my RF23J9011SR which is less than 1.5 years old.  Six months ago I was able to remove the bin to empty it.  Now, the bin is obviously empty and no ice is being made. No matter how hard I try, the bin will NOT come out.

This is a ridiculous problem and appears to be a design flaw.  We have nother Samsung fridge bought in 2010. It has never had an ice problem and the bin is always easy to remove. (That one has a lever to remove the bin. The new one has no lever - just push up on the front of the bin and pull out, but that does not work).

RobStl
Asteroid

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR) - Solved

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved the problem, which was due to a large frost/ice buildup on the bottom of the icemaker (which hangs above the ice bin).

After a number of attempts, pushing up and pulling out, and jiggling, the bin finally came out. It took more than 10 minutes with a hair dryer to melt all the ice buildup on the bottom of the icemaker. Bin went back in easily. Next morning I have ice again.

RobStl
Asteroid

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR) - Solved

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is caused by a flaw in a part. Samsung replaced the icemaker for me because of the flaw. Problem is gone.