Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket (RF23J9011SR) - Solved

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you give any more details?

usersNLp2WNJtG
Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a family hub, My ice bucket would not come out eventually I moved it a little and used my hairdryer to melt some ice which it was stuck on, finally I removed the ice bucket. The top of the inside was iced up so used my hairdryer melted the ice , did not turn the fridge off, put ice bucket back in and now I have ice again and saved money getting someone to fix for me

blondemom1400
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my HUB.  I'm going to try this today.  Thak you

user1QAk1Ife3l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A HAIR DRYER WORKED FOR ME. THE ICE TRAY WAS FROZEN CLOSED. SO I MELTED THE ICE.  BUT WHY IS THE ICE MELTING IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

usertYQz5aiuyr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Removing the ice bucket from our Samsung French-door refrigerator gives new meaning to the term “ice bucket challenge.”  After less than two years of ownership, our ice maker refused to dispense.  We determined there was a clump of ice clogging the thing up so we attempted to remove the ice bucket by pushing up on the front and pulling the thing out. 

Frozen.  (Well it’s ice, you dummy,” my wife demurred.)

After doing some on-line looking, we determined we needed to pull the refrigerator out from the wall, turn off the water at the supply (perfect time to vacuum up pet hair and locate a couple of lost Legos), turn the ice maker OFF, and wait… and wait… and wait.  Even coaxing with a hair dryer occasionally, it took the better part of four days for the block to melt.

Pushing up on the front of the icemaker briskly, and pulling the bucket forward, (all the time fearing I was going to bust off some piece of plastic) the box freed itself.  There still existed two pretty robust chunks of ice that had been hung up on the corkscrew that pushes cubes out.  They broke free from the bottom of the bucket without (thankfully) breaking the bucket itself.

Thirty seconds of wiping the thing dry and I reinserted the ice bucket into the fridge – all the time fretting about how much oomph it took to snap the thing back into place and, again, worrying about busting some exotic piece of plastic.

The manual – which does not mention that this type of service should be done every month or so – says that once the water is turned on after replacing the bucket, wait 24 hours and then dispense FOUR cubes of ice.  If that works, then wait another eight to fill a glass with ice.  (Good thing I take my whiskey neat.)

The recipe for ice is pretty basic.  I’ve been cooking ice since I was about six years old.  Were I to be in the market again, I would NOT purchase an ice-in-the-door unit.

usercqDGHxM9mt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We have had the same issue over the past couple weeks with our model RF23HCEDTSR/AA Samsung fridge.  Fridge hasn’t made ice in weeks and we haven’t even had it 2 years yetSmiley Sad  I have spent a good 30 minutes trying to left up and pull the ice box out but it will only come out a couple inches. Soooo frustrating and the first fridge I have ever had this problem.  I really hate to have to pay some $100+ to come out and get the box out to have it yet again not come out. I sincerely doh t we will ever buy another appliance through them again. 

useriSJSU7hvek
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ice maker turn off three days ago can’t remove ice tray . What more can I try ? I thank the tray is frozen!

Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just checking in to see if you still needed assistance.  If so, please provide me with your complete model code and serial number.

userziIqn8YJyO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this same problem since I purchased my refrigerator as well.  I first noticed the problem when the ice maker would periodically stop making ice.  Normally i was able to remove the ice bucket and clear a lot of frost and frozen water from the bottom of the ice maker and the unit would return to normal function, however the problem reappears about once per month.  I've spoken with Samsung support (phone) who instructed me to 'reset' the unit (which I do every time) however that isn't the problem as it still persists.  The past few times the bucket has been frozen in - I can only imagine the problem is an icecicle hanging from the unit is preventing the bucket from being removed.  I have a Model: RF28K9070SG with SN: <Hidden>.  Please help me get this fixed - my expectation isn't to have to remember to remove the tray each month and clear ice/frost from my ice maker and when I forget to have to be without ice for 3-4 days to let this thing thaw so I can remove the bucket.  Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userziIqn8YJyO Please send us a Private Message with your contact phone number and place of purchase of the refrigerator? https://bit.ly/2mQxylV