cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

There are instructions on page 52 of the user manual. Here is a downloadable link: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201602/20160204154129413/DA68-03194N-00.pdf

userznldONII2Q
Astronaut

Add me to the list. Great TV's, horrible refrigerators.

Same problem ice maker is frozen cannot remove ice bucket from refrigerator.

Of course the warranty just expired. Previously had a problem with the constant open and closing of the ice maker flap allowing the ice fall to through the door.

userJo4z3IgISa
Constellation

You're kidding, right???  These people are telling you that the ice bucket is frozen in place and you're responding with removal instructions for an un-frozen ice bucket.

Seems you don't really understand the problem...

userAcG2m6YIS0
Constellation

Same problem. Cannot remove ice bucket no matter how hard I try.   First off it took me 4 months to realize there is an ice bucket.  Manual states "lift ice bucket out" and it shows open freezer door with ice bucket in top drawer.  I clearly do not have this model.   My ice maker is in the fridge top left.  No lever or button or hint on how to remove. 

Finally had time today to research this.  Called Samsung three different times today.  Each time on hold for varying amounts of time.  First two times was sent bogus videos on various troublshooting items none pertained to getting ice "bucket" out. 

So I resorted to You Tube (which i should have done in the first place) and saw exactly how it was supposed to come out.  Mine dispenses ice but the "bucket" will not ome out. 

When i called Samsung the third time I politely but FIRMLY explained that i did not like being given the run around  the first two times I called, when they had me go to the fridge and try to pull it out, that the videos they were sending me were bogus.  They knew what the problem was.  i even told them i had my son-in-law (6'2") try to get it out a few weeks ago.

So... this 3rd time the rep had me change the freezer temperature to 5 (the highest setting )  to see if that will allow any frozen chunks to melt.  i must wait 24 hours.  i seriously doubt raising the temp a couple of degrees will do didley squat.

Then I will call again or smash it.  

Supernova

@userAcG2m6YIS0: Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with the model number and the serial number of the unit. 

userL2IMipjPND
Constellation

Our brand new refrigerator, in service for a month, has this issue. What causes the ice to form at the roof of the ice maker?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userL2IMipjPND    We are sorry to hear about this. Please send your full model and serial numbers to this link and we will look in to this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

TG23
Constellation

Like everyone else here, my ice bucket froze up after only a few months of use.  I tried turning down the freezer and fridge  hoping that would melt the obviously ice clumps to no evail.  Tied turning off the ice maker and emptied all the ice i could through the door.  Now it won't even make ice.  I'm glad I'm finding this now as I was getting to remodel my kitchen and was  thinking about getting matching other appliances, not now. 

userRTQxYIYWg0
Constellation

Did that fix the issue? Were you able to get it out after that? I'm having the same issue. I worked on this for 3 hours last night to no avail. It won't come out far enough to even get a blow dryer in there. I'm so frustrated!!!! 

cathcam
Asteroid

Add me to the list. Mine is a Model RF23HCEDBBC

I've wasted 3-hours on this. Chat support was useless, couldn't help. The online Troubleshooter was broken after step 2 all the click here links don't work.