cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user61lNxvhO6G
Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

I can't remove the ice bucket also. ( Model #RF23J9011).   Purchased my refrigerator only 8 months ago.  I've tried the hair dryer heating for about 15 - 20 mins; tried pushing up and pulling out bucket; the bucket will only move about 1/4 inch out and won't budge any further.  I've used as much force as possible, but i don't want to break any plastic components. This seems hopeless.  Removing all the food and turning off power is my last resort.  This is a major inconvenience and if this is a regular occurrence, is unacceptable considering the amount of money I've spent on this purchase.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Oh no! Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usergwxkAQbgFV
Constellation

You need to put the ice maker into a forced defrost mode.  Put a towel under the ice tray before you do this.  It shouldn't defrost your freezer or warm up your fridge.  You may have to do this a few times depending on how much buildup there is.  Here's a Youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcENbiRNgac

Unfortunately there's no fix for Samsung's ice maker problems.  They'll try to get you to pay to "fix" it but I've been dealing with this ice maker problem for a couple of years now and everything I've read and seen indicates the problem will keep coming back.  I'm at the point where I've just turned off the water line to my fridge because even turning off the ice maker didn't prevent frost build up on the ice making mechanism.

FD mode will defrost the ice machine in 20 minutes. The beeping will last 20 minutes. You do not need to empty your freezer. If your ice machine is frozen you may have to do this cycle multiple times. FD turns on a heater to heat the coils allowing a fast defrost. If you like the video please ...
userRTQxYIYWg0
Constellation

The manual is pointless if the ice bucket is frozen shut. I'm having the same issue and it won't come out more than 1/2 inch. I tried the blow-dryer but there isn't anywhere you can do that if it doesn't open except through the ice dispenser. So please tell me how to remove a frozen shut ice bin. Your manaul doesn't inform us what to do in case the ice bin won't come out!!! 

userKEwWMSvCde
Constellation

We have the same problem.  Looking at the ice bucket, there appears to be a thin plastic plate between the top of the bucket and the refrigerator itself, preventing the bucket from moving up when lifted according to instructions.
Could this possibly be a shipping brace of some sort?

userzXhc87qSo6
Astronaut

I am having the same problem with my Samsung RF28hmelbsr/aa which doesn’t even show up on the Samsung website when you search the model number. This is is no fun and I can’t move myself to unplug now I not only have to have all my food spoil I have to pay a hefty fee for a handyman to move it for me. Second time in the 2 years since it’s been installed that I have had to have a repair person for the ice maker.

userxYbX4DB0Yc
Astronaut

I have the very same problem.  Ice wouldn't dispense.  I had to replace the ice maker when it was only 1 year old.  So I thought it is probably dead again, but would try resetting it first.  Went to remove the ice bucket and it won't budge.  Took a hair dryer to it for 30 minutes.  Still won't budge.  Pulled so hard that I broke one of the tabs holding the slick front face on it.  This is infuriating!

And I work for a company that was recently purchased by Samsung (different division), but I have no idea how to actually get someone's attention about this.  I love everything about my Samsung french door fridge EXCEPT the ice maker (even when it is working, it dispenses slowly and doesn't make much ice--not enough for Texas in the summer, at least).

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userxYbX4DB0Yc: Could you send a private message with the full model and serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

kwise127
Constellation

Im having the same issue too. The button on the side is fulling depressed but I can not budge the ice bucket. 

user7iT1dMWoFD
Astronaut

I’m having same problem but I think the ice bucket is frozen