Astronaut

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Snypu at least respond to customers?
user6dcHNV2WRG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously, can someone from samsung reply?  This is all over YouTube, forums etc... do u stand by your products and customers?

user692N4TxzwM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact issues here.  The unit is a great one EXCEPT the ice maker...which is nothing but trouble.

userJo4z3IgISa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You obviously haven't had the compressor icing up problem yet. That will be next.
userh8KZ5mdCBq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue with my RF28HEDBSR fridge. It won't budge! Just bought it in July 2018! Samsung, what do I do? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userh8KZ5mdCBq can you please send me a private message with your full model number and serial number in a private message?

userocZYrKXF8A
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue and have had the ice maker replaced once under warranty, and once by me.  Having to thaw out the icemaker with a hairdryer every few weeks is just not acceptable.  Has anyone had success with getting Samsung to replace the entire ice unit when your fridge is out of warranty because of this design flaw?   I am putting my complaint in this fourum, because I am certain that a class actions suit is going to come of this and I want to make sure I am included.

user3KzA20PT7c
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem for new Samsung frige purchased in May 2017. Service person coming on January 11.

user2IKSupEqG0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sadly they knew about this issue and are still selling the same fridge with defective icemakers...shame on them!

user0aaMqpxIMb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Based on the posts, it appears I’m lucky that my refrigerator is almost 4 years old before getting this problem. I have a RF23HCEDB  model that stopped dispensing ice several days ago. I tried to pull the tray out and it is stuck. 

I haven’t tried the hairdryer yet however it seems that’s the only possible solution. That reminds me of defrosting the freezer with a hairdryer over 50 years ago. It seems Samsung is going back in time.  It’s a shame because I like refrigerator however I shouldn’t have to take a hairdryer to it.