cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKzI83eYv5a
Constellation

Re: Cannot remove ice bucket

have posted on the forum about my Refridgerator, Model RF28JBEDBSR / AA   S/N <Hidden>.  It has stopped making ice and I am unable to get the ice maker open.  I have pushed it up as hard as possible, pulled until the refridgerator was on 2 legs.  Nothing works.  It is VERY frustrating.  Can you please assist.  

I have replied to your mailbox with my phone number. 

usersWVMxH8tA8
Constellation

my ice maker was replace two days after i bought it now icnt remove ice bucket
userrfaSIaJlru
Constellation

I have a RF23M8570SG. Family hub french door. I’ve literalky had this thing a few months now installed in my newly renovated kitchen that’s still being renovated. I went to get ice today and noticed it wasn’t coming out. Tried to take the tray out. Yeah. That didn’t wanna happen either. Took me a good 45 mins finally started to beat it and heard the ice falling. Like all of you I had a huge chunk of ice up in the mechanism. I spent literally $11k on a full suite of new Samsung appliances. I’m starting to wonder if that wasn’t a seriously poor choice on my part. I love my fridge but I’d expect a $2000 fridge to have an ice maker that works.
userDUBK8YAWWO
Constellation

I also have the same icemaker issue. Stopped making ice, tray will only move 1/4 - 1/2 inch,  cannot use hairdryer.

Model: RF28HDEDBSR/AA  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello @userDUBK8YAWWO, have you tried to slightly lift the bucket while you are trying to remove it?

userDUBK8YAWWO
Constellation

Yes, it does lift up and slide out but WILL NOT move any farther than 1/4" - 1/2".   And the sliver of space that opens up, well, you can't see much.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send us a private message with your serial number?  http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

When and where was the unit purchased? 

userDUBK8YAWWO
Constellation

Several years ago ( 3 or 4 ) at BestBuy

user4YW6yojnRR
Constellation

Cannot remove ice bucket

I know how and have removed our ice bucket before.  So it's not a lack of know-how.  This time it simply won't come out.  Fridge (model RF28HMEDBSR/AA) is only 3 years old from Best Buy (we bought it as part of a kitchen suite when we built our house).  Ice making a Wooo! (higher pitch at the beginning, like a kid outside wooting or something).  I can get the ice bucket to come away from the clasps...but no amount of pulling will get it out.  Ice is wet and melting, water is accumulating in the release resevior (where it comes out from the fridge) so when you get ice, water comes out first.  Water itself works fine.