cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Cannot reset refrigerator water filter indicator light.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the water filter indicator light turned red, it was easy to replace the water filter with a new Samsung filter.  However, after pressing the area on the control panel for 3 seconds, the water filter indicator light won't reset and is still red.  What should I do? 

Samsung refrigerator model RF24R7201SR/AA

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cannot reset refrigerator water filter indicator light.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try pressing the Door Alarm button for 3 seconds to see if the controls are locked.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will need to press and hold the ICE Maker button for 3 seconds. This will reset the filter indicator.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your quick reply.  The water filter indicator light turned off after I pressed the ice maker button.  But, now the ice maker is turned off and pressing the ice maker button again doesn't turn on the ice maker.  ???

@SamsungLou wrote:

You will need to press and hold the ICE Maker button for 3 seconds. This will reset the filter indicator.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try pressing the Door Alarm button for 3 seconds to see if the controls are locked.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution did not work for my Samsung model RF23J9011SG/AA. Any other suggestions? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your refrigerator light blinking? Or is the ice maker not working? To reset the water filter light you will need to Touch the “Crushed/Hold 3 sec for Filter Reset”
button ( (Filter Reset) ) for about 3 seconds to reset the water filter. The color of the indicator changes from red to off. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried for 30 mins to do this and the manual did not help. I searched the web and FINALLY this post helped me. My wife was like "really" and I said , "Come on"

I tried all suggestions! This was the ticket, and so simple 

thank you SamsungLou!!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Worked for me. Thanks a lot for posting this. Spent quite a bit of time trying to figure it out  until I ran into this post.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.