Original topic:

Cannot upload video via Family Hub app

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 12:18 AM)
userbDa911F4an
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Anyone noticed that, typically, on the Samsung Family Hub fridge and associated app: 

1. Compression of a video prior to uploading just hangs on the app so video won't upload

2. Videos which have uploaded don't appear in the gallery

3. Missing videos appear as zero length in the 'add photo/video' selector but then, when added, become invisible and unable to delete therefore blocking addition of any further video.

Has anyone worked out what the video constraints are e.g. file size, scale, resolution, format? I just cannot get any to upload and/or display between the app and the fridge.  

3 Replies
TusharPatel
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

I have not tried any upload but there is one more issue that might be related and that is it cannot playback HTML5  coded videos in the app, you can search mashup songs and quiet a few cannot play i have atarted a thread for this issue i believe the TIZEN operating system in family hub lacks a few coded support and this could be the reason.

0 Likes
userbDa911F4an
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I think you're right, @TusharPatel . It would just be really useful to know what video format is actually supported. The hit and miss approach I am using is unsuccessful... most formats and sizes won't upload and those few that do appear as unplayable zero length videos on the fridge.

TusharPatel
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

Actually here the YouTube app has no issues, full functionality of any application depends on the support from Operating system, without the required functional support any app wont work if you try same function using android or windows the app will be fully functional so basically the Tizen OS used in Family hub needs to be fully supportive to youtube app for full functionality . Currently YouTube can playback so many format but it recommends .mp4, H.264 or H.265 format video the later 2 are not supported in Tizen OS as it needs support of HTML5 video codec in the OS and that is missing if samsung is looking at this thread hope they rectify the error and provide the update in the browser of family hub.

0 Likes