cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Centre element won’t light all the way around

can anyone provide some guidance on how to fix this? I've never used the element before. It's been cleaned a few times just when the stove gets cleaned anyways. 

thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Centre element won’t light all the way around

I'm sorry to hear that, on the stove itself the knob that you use to turn on the element should have two options on it if you turn it one way to the left or to the right it should light up all of it for high heat. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unfortunately that has no effect on the element. It doesn't seem to ignite all the way around. Is it blocked perhaps? how do I clean it? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I have your full model number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Supernova

@userBNSjqAoegf what's your full model number for the range/stove?

https://www.samsung.com/us/home-appliances/ranges/gas/

Thie help article here has assistance for you possibly: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001949/#a-radiant-element-on-the-electric-co...

-- 

Show some love to this reply with a ❤️

Let others know this post solved your issue by selecting ✅"Accept as solution" 
(You can do so from the Members app by clicking in the three vertical dots, or by logging on to the community site via a desktop.)

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community site  to respond to this thread or select a solution.
Highlighted
Asteroid

NX58H5650W

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

1. Confirm the burner head and cap are clean and positioned correctly.
  2. Make sure the orifice is not blocked by food or debris. If it is, use a pin or needle to clean it. Do not allow water or moisture of any kind to get in the orifice.
  3. Make sure not to turn the knob too quickly. Leave the knob on LITE until the burner ignites.
  4. If the burner still will not ignite, replace the burner head and cap.
  5. If the issue continues with a new burner head and cap, this will require service.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Highlighted
Asteroid

image.jpg

repsonse to your steps
1- it is all one solid piece, I can't separate them

2- ive tried cleaning it with a pin, and a toothbrush. I've used soap and water as well as a baking soda as a non abrasive scrub to hopefully dislodge anything else. This is as clean as I can get it. Does it look blocked?

3- I've left the burner on LITE for about 30 seconds and it hasn't gotten any better. How long should I leave it to encourage ignition? I smell gas while doing it so I'm hesitant to leave it on too long?

4- how do I find the link to replace it if it comes to that?

thanks for your help

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can find replacement parts at samsungparts.com, also you would only need to keep it on till it ignites. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is there any other cleaning products that can be used on it to try to clean it? 

i just turned it on again now ans it lights quickly but now it goes less than 1/4 of the way around. 

i feel like it needs to be replaced unfortunately.