Original topic:

Child security lock function on NV75J7570RS Oven

(Topic created: 02-02-2022 08:26 AM)
user4QDnCJ6LBp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello,

I performed a Pyro clean the other day and the power was turned off half way through, which then blew  the thermal cut out. I replaced this part and all seems fine, apart from that the oven door doesn't lock when I press the child security lock function.

It disables the operator panel fine but doesn't operate the door plunger to lock it.

I can't remember if it is supposed to. The only time I can remember the door locking was during the Pyro clean when the high temperatures came in.

I'd be grateful if anyone could confirm whether the door lock is supposed to function immediately the child security button is pressed please.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I do not believe the child lock, locks the door, just the functionality of the device, so it can't be turned on during this time.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user4QDnCJ6LBp
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you Larry - that makes sense.

I suppose if was designed for an H&S issue with a hot oven, then the door should lock to stop children opening it once the cooking is under way.

Because I had one fault wuith the thermal cut out, I wondered if the door lock had also failed but what you say seems to make sense.

Regards

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm just now seeing this. You are so welcome. Don't hesitate to come by and post again!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes