cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJtHoc4l24m
Cosmic Ray

Re: Clock doesn't work - Dual Wall Oven - TIMES OUT!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Cole are you still reading this?   It’s BEEN OVER A YEAR!

Where is Engineering?!?!   Is anyone reading this?!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am, unfortunately this is considered a feature request as the unit itself is working as designed. Feature Requests are like future updates in that we cannot speculate on when or if the "fix" might be released. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userJtHoc4l24m
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This not a "feature request".   Please  ask your self "I wonder if a $3500 oven should come with a clock" and then re-read this whole string from all 40+ users who have posted.  

When is Engineering going to respond to this?  Respectfully, everyone on here has posted (some multiple times).  You're not doing your job in coordinating between the customer and engineering as to when this bug will be addressed!  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry you disagree, but this is what has been given by Engineering at this time. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
userlq3n8nVPrQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Has this been fixed yet...?!?! I was in the store and about to purchase this oven but saw this defect.
I know, seriously, Samsung cannot value a clock that can't be seen.

Anyway, if this is working properly (does not timeout) I'm ready to select Samsung.

Please let me know.
userJtHoc4l24m
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.  Do not buy it.  There are several people on this thread that actually returnred their 3500 ovens.  Mine has been broke for over a year and as you'll see Samsung is not focused on the customer here.  They have a moderator whose singular goal is to try to convice people "this is like a tablet!  It should just shut off on it's own!".  

Also, you're going to want to review their app in teh app store.  It does not work and hasn't for months.  It is one of the only 1-star apps in the store.  I'm actually surprised Apple hasn't removed it.  

I'd recommend GE for ovens or others competitors.    

userEMdE8dsKzN
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very disapointing to see this thread that started in 2017 has not been addressed. Ok, it is now 2019 and Samsung still does not offer an option to keep the clock from timing out for their high priced microwave / oven combination. Very disappointing to see that Samsung does not address customer feedback. Very disappointing for a company that specializes in electronics.  Competitor products offer this simple option. 

userdt4CRTik0y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this oven installed 2 days ago and I plan to return it now that i have discovered the display timeout issue.

I agree with astronaut that every computer allows a selection to keep the display on or "never" time out.

Seems like it would be a simple fix.

Very disappointed as I otherwise like the oven.

I'm contacting Best Buy today to arrange return and purchase of a different brand.

userowy2ZVtF14
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We purchased this very expensive oven a month ago. We cannot figure out how to keep the clock on at all times. The unit information claims to have a clock feature, but you can only view it for an hour, then goes away.

With as much technology this unit has, I would think there should be a way to keep the clock on at all times? This makes no sense.

I have seen people posting on this site regarding this issue. I believe for months? I purchased this very expensive unit along with a very expensive Samsung chief series refrigerator. I would think that there would be more support. I chose Sumsung hoping there would be no issues and they would have better support than LG.

Is there a number I can call to discuss this issue?

user78G7d3hLzh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here it is a year later.  I just bought a brand new combo oven and the exact same thing is happening, the clock times out!!!  NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!  I went back to Factory Direct Appliance where I purchased my oven, and their clock does NOT timeout, yet they have all the same features.  And the DACOR reps have been there using those ovens giving demonstrations.  This is horrible.  As stated in last year's post, every oven/microwave in America has a clock and every kitchen uses those clocks every day.  REALLY??  I have to buy a clock after spending thousands of dollars on this oven combo?  Fix my oven!!!