Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MBStevens1
Asteroid

Compressor noise on new RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SamsungDrew or Jan or someone: 

I just purchased a full Samsung black stainless kitchen set and we love them.  The refrigerator was installed on a Monday and was silent and wonderful.  The next day the new dishwasher and microwave were installed.  That Thursday (2-3 days later), my daughter and I were sitting at the kitchen table and we both heard a new noise start that we hadn't before -- loud enough that we noticed it over the TV/surround sound and the dishwasher that was running.  I traced it to the fridge and realized it was coming from underneath/back, and realized it must be the compressor.  The next day, the same installer came back to put in our DuoFlex gas range, and I asked him.  He heard it as well, and said that he has seen that in a few of the same Samsung fridges that he has installed, but definitely not all of them like my model.  He couldn't remember the terms but he said something about some of these compressors having an issue and I should contact Samsung customer service. 

It has been a couple weeks (we went on vacation and I wanted to wait to see if the noise stopped) but it is still there whenever the compressor runs.  I can hear it almost two rooms away when the house is otherwise quiet, and as mentioned, it's louder than the dishwasher.  I tried to attach a video, but it doesn't allow any file types that support video or sound, but it is a tinny sound that you hear over the standard fan noise.  What advice can you give me?  Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Compressor noise on new RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. The most common cause for a rattling noise is the refrigerator contacting another object. If a rattling noise occurs, perform the following:

1. Move the refrigerator forward about an inch.
    • If the noise goes away, the refrigerator was contacting something.
  2. Verify the unit is properly leveled. A properly leveled refrigerator will have the front of the refrigerator resting on the leveling legs and with the front wheels not in contact with the floor. This ensures a proper front-to-back slant and can prevent rattling noises from occuring.

If the above steps have been performed and the rattling noise continues, service is required. If the noise is intermittent or random, it is recommended to make a recording of the noise in case it does not occur when the technician is present.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

100 REPLIES 100
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. The most common cause for a rattling noise is the refrigerator contacting another object. If a rattling noise occurs, perform the following:

1. Move the refrigerator forward about an inch.
    • If the noise goes away, the refrigerator was contacting something.
  2. Verify the unit is properly leveled. A properly leveled refrigerator will have the front of the refrigerator resting on the leveling legs and with the front wheels not in contact with the floor. This ensures a proper front-to-back slant and can prevent rattling noises from occuring.

If the above steps have been performed and the rattling noise continues, service is required. If the noise is intermittent or random, it is recommended to make a recording of the noise in case it does not occur when the technician is present.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MBStevens1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Justin - sorry it has taken me some time to respond.  I performed the steps suggested.  The fridge is level side-to-side with the rollers now off the floor so there is a slight front-to-back slant.  I decided to wait a few days and listen, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.  The sound occurs when the compressor comes on - it's different than the regular hum of the fan and my wife commented that it seems to be getting louder by the day.  What's the best way to request service without having to go through this again with someone else first?   Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send a private message with the serial number of the refrigerator? 

Highlighted
Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having same issue and have tried all these time wasting suggestions from
Samsung.

The bad news is this is a design flaw which they cannot solve. They will also make all excuses to convince you that this is normal so they don't have to find you a replacement.

I can hear the gurgling two rooms away with my tv on and dish washer running.

I have opened several tickets and will not give up because I spent close to 3 k on this piece of crap and just to run into folks that just don't want to listen.

Lesson learned buy fridges that work just not look good.

Samsung, I am Still waiting for my open ticket 4137861753 to be resolved.

Anand Mody.
Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also had two service calls with the same response, the refrigerant is cycling through and it is normal. The last guy said it should get better after a few months and wrote on the service tag "customer education".  Well, it's been since June and hasn't gotten better. I agree with you, it is not normal. I love your aquarium analogy. Too bad because I like the fridge.  I also got the leveling pitch when I called the help line.  Samsung needs to fess-up to the problem and provide a solution, either fix it or take back the fridge.

userO7U7SJQlog
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I had the same problems, the noise never got any better with time!! Progressively got worse! I refused to take no for an answer and Samsung had to refund the purchase of the tribe. My situation was much more complicated because Home Depot sold the tribe as a display only I found out when this problem occurred it already had a partialy used warranty. This meant that this drive had already been sold and then obviously returned to the store because of the severity of the loud noises it was making. So I had a double whammy including by my Home Depot Charge Card!! Will never buy an appliance or anything from Home Depot again. At least Samsung did stick behind their product and did refund the fridge. So if that is what your looking for, just ask or ask the store to replace the fridge, their should be a one year warranty on your Samsung frige!! 

userIekRMSA2MJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is our 2nd one and it's having the problems again! It's horrible!! It makes a loud noise and makes no ice. It's very frustrating to have a item that is constantly having to be repaired.

userqj43IyaA54
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well! I'm happy / sad that I'm not the only one. .. I guess I'll update everyone with how my story plays out.

userHsJFoktuVz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We had the same problem with our fridge. We played almost $300 to repair it. Why did I have to pay that when it was an issue when they made the fridge wrong? The tech defrosted fridge,  and changed a circuit in panel behind Styrofoam wall in ball of inside fridge.  He said Samsung told him that a wire was on the left and it's supposed top be on the right.  Now it's on tight should be ok. Good for few months now it's starting to come back.  Never buying Samsung fridge again and I tell people when they ask.