cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FridgeRecall
Cosmic Ray

Consumer Affairs- Samsung is DEAD LAST on Fridge Ratings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Right, if they stood behind their products and at least did a recall to fix known problems- it would be different.

If you look on consumer affairs Samsung is literally rated last out of like 28 companies. 

It's not easy to leave a comment on those either. Theres like 3 pages of questions just to comment. meaning- someone had to be that ticked off to go on and answer all that just so they could comment and warn someone else. There are a lot of really angry samsung customers.  They are dead last.  Wish I 'd have seen it before expensing it.

Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

Re: Compressor noise on new RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the next thing that will happen is now the moderator will send you private messages and ask you to file paperwork.

after you file your complaint they will point you to some fine print saying the noise is normal and close out the issue as resolved. 

Just don't buy Samsung products that is the only solution. There is no customer service and their repair team is garbage. 

usergm2Nb3Kwa6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What does it actually sound like?  Rattling, rubbing, gurgling or wheezing?  Mine is making a wheezing sound after 10 years.

Keith W.

@MBStevens1 wrote:

Justin - sorry it has taken me some time to respond.  I performed the steps suggested.  The fridge is level side-to-side with the rollers now off the floor so there is a slight front-to-back slant.  I decided to wait a few days and listen, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem.  The sound occurs when the compressor comes on - it's different than the regular hum of the fan and my wife commented that it seems to be getting louder by the day.  What's the best way to request service without having to go through this again with someone else first?   Thanks.

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Neither solution worked and service has been called twice saying the noise is normal.  Like another person said, it is like living in an aquarium!  Do I call service a 3rd time?  I'd like Samsung to take refrigerator back and give me a new one that doesn't have the noise, not say "it is normal".

MBStevens1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, to Samsung's credit here, they were responsive and sent out a technician.  Now, I don't know if they have a deal with these technicians to say "it's normal", but that's exactly what he said.  When we showed him cell-phone video to demonstrate the noise, he said that cell phones amplify the sound and that all refrigerator compressors make that noise, but guess what, the 16-year old Kenmore french-door that it repaced was virtually silent by comparison.  He did take the back panel off and "tightened a pipe" (whatever that means) but it made no difference.  The worst part is, as I said in my earlier description, it seems to be getting louder, to where I can hear it over the TV/surround sound in my adjoining family room.  And it's not just us - other people have noticed.

Samsung, what other remedies do I have?  You all believed from my descriptions that it was worth a service call, and that service call did not correct the issue.  Can you dispatch a different service company?  Can you confirm whether Samsung has identified this as a systemic issue given all the complaints?  Should I go after the retailer?

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am seriously thinking of getting our local investigative TV channel involved.  I am 68 years old and have never had a refrig that made any noise close to this.  My first tech said the noise was unusual and put a noise deadening blanket in behind the freezer section but it didn't do anything.  When I called to get him back, he didn't work there anymore and the new tech said the noise was normal and wrote on the service ticket "customer education" as his solution to the call.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys, apologies for the delayed response. I will be happy to look into dispatching a second technician for those who disagree with the technician's determination. To get this set up, please send me a private message with the most recent transaction number for the previous repair. If the repair was set up though your retailer, you will need to speak with them directly. 

Pocohenna- I see in a different post you have spoken with the executive customer relations group and have been set up for review for an exchange. Would you mind providing the ticket number for this so that I may look into this further for you? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The technician came out last Friday on ticket #4138012558.  While he said the noise was louder than normal, he could not do anything about it.  He said it was the gas bubbles circulating through the pipes.  He did replace two plastic tubes at the bottom rear with some upgraded ones but it did not have anything to do with my problem.  The noise continues!  I will contact Executive Customer Relations and start the exchange process.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this information. Can you @Pocohenna send me a private message with your contact information? Thank you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The name is Jim and my phone # is <Hidden>