Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

Re: Compressor noise on new RF263BEAESG/AA refrigerator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for posting this information.

My problems are going in the same direction as yours.  I am working with a technician who refuses to acknowledge that this noise is not normal. The technician even updated the ticket and said it was repaired Smiley Happy, when clearly I don't agree. 

I was asked to call the technician again by Samsung (Ticket # 4137861753) to schedule another appointment.

I called the technician again, and this time sent them a video capturing the sound. The technician is going to review and let me know the next steps. 

I tried attaching the video, but this forum does not allow video files to be attached. So I uploaded the video with the sound youtube, please refer link: https://youtu.be/ATxY-x4gwtU

(Note: Noises are really hard to record on the phone, similar to a person trying to capture the sound of someone snoring and it never comes as loud. So for this video, please increase the volume to a reasonable level so hear what the actual sound is). 

I am not convinced that Samsung has got this product right. IMO, they need their engineers / designers to acknowledge that there is a flaw in the design.

Thanks,

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's it!!  I have iPad videos of the same thing and can't upload as well.  I'm waiting for SamsungDrew to call me to see what he says.  In the meantime I will contact Executive Customer Relations at 511-532-8437.

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some new info on getting into the process of exchanging the refrigerator.  They told me that when a repairman comes out, they need to indicate on their repair tag that the noise problem cannot be fixed.  Even though they say it is normal, which it cannot be, they need to acknowledge and check the box that says the noise is not fixable.  In other words, they cannot fix the problem for which the repair ticket was issued.  I got an email address for the Executive Customer Relations group, it is efax@sea.samsung.com.

By the way, the support people I have spoken to are very nice and responsive.  I hope this translates into a positive outcome to our problem.

Pocohenna
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whoopee!  I got a call from Samsung and they are going to exchange my refrigerator for a new one - persistence pays off.  Obviously hoping the new refrig does not have the same problems as the current one.

Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am still stuck, working with a Samsung authorized technician to do something about my ticket, i.e. ticket # 4137861753.

I have also sent them a video and the youtube video demonstrating the noise: https://youtu.be/ATxY-x4gwtU

Sent several emails, but no one seems to be responding back to me. I will try calling them again (But am getting tired of being persistent)

Hopefully someone from Samsung will see this thread and do something about this.

RF23J9011SG/AA refrigerator gurgling sound.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Anandmody, Could you send us a private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How do I send a private message in a public forum? Please advise?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To send a private message you can visit a specific user's profile and select "Send this User a Private Message" on the right side of the page. However, I've gone ahead and sent you one directly. I look forward to your reply!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

BobH
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was told that my house was too quiet by a Service Tech after going through all the 'qualification steps' to finally have a Service Tech come on site. I have the noise documented at 60 Db. It's the Compressor, not the fan.  Scared my dog when it was first installed.

I 'was' going to go all Samsung Black with the upcoming Kitchen do-over, but considering the lack of Support on this Manufacturer defect on the first item, I have started shopping different brands.

Anandmody
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am being given the same story, i.e. the noise is normal.

Noise is normal if it lasts for less than 30 minutes, not for 2-3 hours.

Also, the best judge of noise is the customer, and not one customer. The techician is wrong, because I have collected over 40+ reviews from customers that have complained about the same issue.

In addition to the above, the mere interest and response in this thread is an indicator that Samsung has 

a) Either got this product wrong OR

b) Have shipped a defective unit 

As I mentioned earlier on this thread, I am tired of being persistent, but I spent like 2.5K on this refrigerator.

This product looks great, cools great, awesome interiors, but I simply cannot live with the noise. 

I would rather buy a substandard brand which makes a standard white noise rather than this fish tank which gurgles all the way through my living room.