Original topic:

Continuous issues with dirty dishes DW80R5060US/AA

(Topic created: 05-09-2021 08:29 PM)
uservJJ4hGpNk0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi,

First time post. Bought a DW80R5060US/AA dishwasher almost a year ago, we've had continuous issues with dishes not cleaning properly on top and bottom rack for several months. We've cleaned it multiple times, ran it with vinegar, there is always residue (even when I run it empty, there are particles on the door and bottom of the machine). I'm putting dishes as indicated in the manual, without improvement, no improvement with any cycle or running it with high heat. I've scheduled support twice and made recommended changes: used the water hose with the machine instead of the one we already had connected, rinse aid (we were already using this), creating a loop in the hose. My warranty expires at the end of the month and at this point it just feels like the tech is just letting it lapse. I'm disappointed to have spent so much on something so unreliable. Any other ideas?

2 Replies
sneakypete0999
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Does it have a turbidity sensor?
0 Likes
uservJJ4hGpNk0
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi Sneakypete,

From what I've gathered online, I don't think it has a turbidity sensor. We also don't seem to have any issues related to the machine running endlessly.

I think what is happening is that there is residue that is being splashed around at the end of the feed that sticks to the dishes (most notably on the top rack) and then dries onto the dish. I can't clean the filter out with this model, and I don't know if there's backflow happening? I'm clearly not an expert in the matter.

0 Likes