cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Controls on NE63T8111SS Range lock up; cannot turn off oven.

We purchased the NE63T8111SS range on 11/22/2020. Within one week, the controls have locked up and we cannot even turn off the oven. This seems like a safety issue. Yes, resetting the breaker clears the lock-up, but something else MUST be wrong. 

No real help on the Samsung site (other than what I already did-turn off the breaker).

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110172/#self-clean-or-other-buttons-do-not-l...

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Controls on NE63T8111SS Range lock up; cannot turn off oven.

Was the range professionally installed? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

The Lowe's delivery hooked up the power cord and slid it in to the kitchen opening. There's nothing else to "install." 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

This would need to be looked at by a tech, however, with the range being so new I suggest reaching out to Lowe's to have them send someone out. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

@SamsungAl  How does one 'professionally install' a household range? You expect us to hire a $150 per hr electrician to come plug in the range to the wall socket? Or do you think places like Lowe's or similar hire delivery drivers that can somehow plug an oven into the wall better than the average homeowner? Clearly there is an issue with these ranges. It has happened to me twice already and I bought the range 5 days ago. Telling people to get it professionaly installed is an absolute cop-out on behalf of  Samsung. You need to deal with this right away, I already see people talking about class action lawsuits on other forums. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I will be happy to set this up for service for you. Please send the serial number to this PM Link.

Asteroid

Sent. I'm guessing Samsung does not have a solution yet, though.