Original topic:

Cooking is paused aaargh!

(Topic created: 04-01-2024 10:39 AM)
Johnreeswhite
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there! We have a pair of series five ovens, one is the dual cook, the other a standard oven. 

When we open the door of the dual cook oven and close it it just keeps cooking - which is great!

Yet for reasons unexplainable whenever we open the door on the other one it ‘pauses cooking’ and doesn’t start again when you close the door unless you press the arrow button. 

I can’t even begin to explain how frustrating this is, how many times we have turned some food over and popped it back in only to forget to press play again when the sister oven doesn’t need you to do it. I almost want to rip the oven out with my bare hands. 

Please please please can someone help me understand how to turn this feature off!

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! So that I would be able to better assist can I have the model of the oven that is pausing cooking with the door open?

0 Likes
Johnreeswhite
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there - it’s a series 5 oven + micro combination. I’ve since had some support from Samsung social media.

I have been told - ridiculously - that it is a safety feature that cannot be turned off. 

Aside from the fact that I have managed to make my way through my entire life unscathed without this feature the most preposterous fact of all is that the other brand new Samsung series 5 double oven installed right next to it does not have or need this feature. So I have two ovens from exactly the same range next to each other that work in the opposite way to each other. 

I can’t even tell you how arbitrarily pointless and frustrating this is, how often by accident it ruins a meal. 

Please release a software update asap!

0 Likes