cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMlrPdimhhs
Asteroid

Cool Select Pantry Cover - how to remove?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So not even a 3 week old fridge and the cool select pantry cover has broke.  I found a replacement on-line (couldn't find any parts on the Samsung site?).

How do you get the pantry cover out - I was able to find on-line for some other Samsung models that it is brute force bending and pulling and hope you don't break it - same with putting in a new one?  This one adds a little complexity to it in that the water filter unit is directly above so you do not get the opportunity to bend straight up to try to get the cover in and out.  The model it showed brute force had nothing restricting directly above.

I took the pantry drawer out and saw three screws to take out to the drawer slide but when I took those out, it is still stuck there by it appears two catch points in rear.  I was hoping maybe I could pull the entire assembly out and replace and put back in that way, but it doesn't appear so without risking breaking more pieces.

Fridge model is RF263BEAESG/AA

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Cool Select Pantry Cover - how to remove?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You stated that you were unable to find the part online, did you try samsungparts.com? 

That would be my assumption as well since removing the water filter housing is more of an involved process.

For the drawer glide, I don't have any specific resources showing how to take it out. Our floor models show two rivets towards the back so I would be a little more hesitant trying to remove those.

You may get another quarter inch of clearance by removing the water filter but that is just a hunch.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hope this helps!

userMlrPdimhhs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!

So the second picture is the cover I am trying to remove - but that picture doesn't have a water filter unit blocking being able to lift up in the center of the cover. 

But I am assuming it is the same thing - lift and pull and hope you don't break it and then installing a new one is the same process?

What about the process for removing the drawer glide - is that any easier - I took the 3 screws out but it wouldn't budge and looked like there is some sort of tabs holding in place?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You stated that you were unable to find the part online, did you try samsungparts.com? 

That would be my assumption as well since removing the water filter housing is more of an involved process.

For the drawer glide, I don't have any specific resources showing how to take it out. Our floor models show two rivets towards the back so I would be a little more hesitant trying to remove those.

You may get another quarter inch of clearance by removing the water filter but that is just a hunch.

View solution in original post

userMlrPdimhhs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I guess brute force and bending is the right method to replace!  I just wanted to make sure I exhausted all other options first.

That site never came up in searches and nothing turned up on the Samsung site to lead me to that webpage, but I have it bookmarked for next time (although I hope there isn't a next time of needing replacement parts lol!).

Thanks for information and fingers crossed I don't break the new one going in!

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome! Good luck with the replacement. 

userMlrPdimhhs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, so for future reference for anyone that has a wife that breaks the cover door lol - it is brute force to remove and replace the cover, and for my particular model the water filter causes some problems getting the cover out since you cannot go straight up.  Mine cracked further removing it, but since it was broke anyway not a big deal.

As far as the replacement, it goes in very easily if you take and place the right corner pin in first and then at a diagonal fit the left pin in the tray compartment and then simply slide it up into the hole.  The right side has a lip around the hole and if you try to go in that way, you will need to flex the cover to get over the lip and hope you don't crack it bending it.

usernyDuUhtDDh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just replaced it. 

This may not be the official way to do it, but it worked.

I removed all the drawers first so I could easily access.

Slid the right side pin in first, then you can fairly easily (no real pressure needed get the several clips in the middle inserted. 

Now you should be able to close it and the long pin on left side is sitting on top of the trough. They are almost exactly the same size so with direct downward pressure with the lid close on the far left side of the lid directly above the pin you can push, not too hard but a little bit of pressure and it should "snap" in to the trough.

There is one SECRET I used. I used some lubricant on the trough and the pin. Before doing that it wasn't snapping in. Use something that is not toxic and not going to rot Smiley Happy. Don't need much, I just sprayed on paper towel and wiped on both surfaces.

usertkM5aYJB3P
Astronaut

Rear vertical panel cover, how to remove?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungGill wrote:

Hope this helps!

@SamsungGill wrote:

Hope this helps!

usertkM5aYJB3P
Astronaut

Re: Rear vertical panel cover, how to remove?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks.