Original topic:

Cracked shelving in my Refrigerator

(Topic created on: 1/9/21 2:36 PM)
userHgzTCfJbI2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a 2.5 year old Samsung Refrigerator model RF28HFEDTSR and my door shelving and bottoms shelving is unexpectedly for no reason cracking. This is crazy we paid over $2000 for a fridge thinking this would last 10-15 years and it's year #2 and already breaking this is crazy. Is there anyone with this same problem??

3F72834C-D70A-4FCF-B501-B8B86243791E.jpeg

9AF22DF8-265C-402A-9FB1-D7AAE0F0E5C7.jpeg

ECD67CAB-E3BC-401A-AF55-ACB778B255D2.jpeg

9 Replies
userlIZKQJAgGP
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Our fridge is 3 years old and just a few days ago we noticed most of our shelves have cracked at the ends - very strange since the end of the shelf never has anything sitting on it that would weigh it down and cause it to crack.  We believe the cracking started years ago - we did not notice it - and finally got to the point that it is now breaking off as seen in photos.   It is obvious the shelving is defective and Samsung should replace these shelves for us.

IMG_1608.jpg

usernSsTQyNqBW
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have this same problem.  My shelves look just like yours.  I have an extended warranty and was told by the appliance store that it's not covered and to contact Samsung.  Clearly there's a defect. My Model # is RF24FSEDBSR.  

@userlIZKQJAgGP wrote:

Our fridge is 3 years old and just a few days ago we noticed most of our shelves have cracked at the ends - very strange since the end of the shelf never has anything sitting on it that would weigh it down and cause it to crack.  We believe the cracking started years ago - we did not notice it - and finally got to the point that it is now breaking off as seen in photos.   It is obvious the shelving is defective and Samsung should replace these shelves for us.

IMG_1608.jpg

userVYgkChZ6kl
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

my RF260BEAESR has the same problem with the door shelves. good luck getting support to replace those for you. the shelves are obviously flawed but they will just tell you it's out of warranty and you'll have to buy new shelves. i also got the excuse "this issue has not been reported before" despite similar complaints all over forums online. they're just turning a blind eye to their faulty plastic parts. it's possible these parts were designed to fail so they can milk more money on replacement parts. why would anyone replace with exact same part for over $100 that will fail the same way. my next appliance definitely won't be a samsung!

userHgzTCfJbI2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My point exactly I'm sure we can report them to the BBB or consumer reporting agency. Atleast that is my plan. This is ridiculous 

0 Likes
userM5eRc63crv
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I just went to cleanout my 1.5 year old fridge today and the plastic on all three of the main shelves was cracked. They fell apart as soon as I lifted them out of their resting position. These shelves have never been hit, dropped or subjected to any abnormal load. It's like the plastic grew brittle and all suddenly failed when disturbed. This is extremely annoying, my parens have 20+ year old fridges that have never a single issue with plastics cracking. 

userJv5kp5Qx4q
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I too contacted Samsung Support, good luck getting past the stupid auto-attendant. anyway finally got a "real" person. advised of the problem with the door shelf cracking. Even advised we had already replaced the shelf 6 months ago and here is gets cracked again. Hard to believe it failed .... even tried reinforcing the crappy joints with JB weld.. helped some... but Samsung support advised they were not aware of any issues...  Apparently Samsung doesnt read the clients responses to poor product support.  Good Luck to them, next Frig may well be an LG.  Miss having good customer service

userHgzTCfJbI2
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

This issue is so frustrating!!! You’ve proved my point why purchase new shelving when the issue hasn’t been addressed by Samsung, to have the new ones do the same thing!! There’s gotta be something we as the consumer can do, I wish I knew 

0 Likes
userS7yhW7SUon
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
We recently have had the same issue. 2 bins have cracked and won't stay attached. No help from samsung
0 Likes
userTWXruwAh4N
Astronaut
Options

My refrigerator is 1.5 years old. The shelving cracked. Model RF263BEAESR/AA. The plastic looks like it’s literally dissolving. It’s on a shelf I use for VITAMINS.... no weight to them whatsoever. It seems foolish to replace it with another POS shelf. I’m hoping there’s an aftermarket one available that won’t crack. This is unacceptable.

2A84CEA1-72B7-482C-B8BB-A38505B92025.jpeg

0 Likes