cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userljCYYgCOsG
Asteroid

DW80F600UTS, DD82-01118A ECS Sensor

Samsung changed the DD82-01118A ECS Sensor from a 4 wire to a 3 wire component and it does not work in my dishwasher. I returned the part. Nobody can explain why this is at Samsung Tech Support or Samsung Parts. The pictures from distributors are showing the 4 wire part but everyone that checks for me says they are 3 wire now. They do not work. Everyone on line is posting this problem. I am so upset that Samsung can not figure out what they did, why, or how, and reslove this problem. I need the correct part that works. My dishwasher is only4 years old and is in good condition except this. Anyone please help me!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DW80F600UTS, DD82-01118A ECS Sensor

We would suggest purchasing a service manual to assist with repairs.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userljCYYgCOsG
Asteroid

A repair manual would not assist in this case. I don't believe one even exist. You did not reference a part number to purchase it nor where you can if one does exist. Also if engineering changes a part mid stream of a product life cycle there is a bulliten that is issued to the field service and parts supply. Why has Samsung not produced a bulliten? I just spoke to an authorized service center that just told me that the main mother board requires being replaced to be compatible with the new part substitute. Samsung has a horribly weak link in the parts supply chain that they do not have a link to this at the parts counter sight. The part number should reflect this information or at very least the technical support should. This is not rocket science. Samsung dropped the ball BIG TIME on this one. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to Samsungparts.com regarding the part numbers for your unit and to get a service manual. You can also call them at 800-627-4368.

userljCYYgCOsG
Asteroid

Been there done that without anyone able to answer the simple questions and descriptions I have posed at great length and detail. I have exhasuted my pateince with Samsungs tech support on this issue. I hope I am a small fraction of frustrated customers. I have always been pleased with samsung electronics. My other 3 appliances still work. But as for this Dishwasher. I am exhausted fighting with Samsung over this. I am done with it. It will cost $180 for the main board and $75 for the ECS sensor. $255 for a simple repair on a $400 dishwasher. NO WAY!!!! IT IS JUNK NOW!!!!

userljCYYgCOsG
Asteroid

Samsung made a change to a simple part half way through the life cycla of a perfectly good appliance and rendered it JUNK for every customer out there having this problem. My Dishwasher is 4 years old. Very stupid decision by Samsung. I have 25 years experience in Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Process and Automation Controls. This is a HUGE BLUNDER by Samsung Engineering. What ever caused them to write off this appliance and every customer that owns one is a wonder.