cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

DW80K5050US Dishwasher does not heat water

My wife and I furnished our new house with ALL Samsung appliances. With in the first 6 months, we had to have the microwave serviced. Now, I realize that we have has an issue with our dishwasher the entire time we have had it. Dishes wouldn't be dry when finished. Grease would still be caked on and food particles still on dishes too. I thought it might be the dish detergent brand and even type. I made sevral adjustments on both of theses fronts. I used different settings of the wash, adjusted how full I loaded and even the positioningof the dishes. Then, when I tried to use a cleaner (the kind you place in the silverware bin) to clean the inside, I realized that we had a big problem because the wax stopper did not melt. I looked into the specs required for water temperature entering the unit and it suggested minimum 120 degrees. I checke dmy water heater and it was set to 125 degrees. So, I checked the water comng from the kitchen sink and after about a minute, it got to 123 degrees. Now, I have spent time, effort, adjustments in product, just to find that I am 7 month past the manufacturers warranty to have this covered. This was obviously a problem that I should have reported over a year ago when I first noticed, instead of just assuming a new appliance should work correctly. I am oping there is a quick fix to this that I can do, since I don't believe I should have to pay for a repair person or parts if needed.

Can someone help?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: DW80K5050US Dishwasher does not heat water

Make sure you hooked the dishwasher to a Hot water line. I've seen this happen many of times.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: DW80K5050US Dishwasher does not heat water

Yes. It is hot water. Using a temperature probe (i use for grilling) to tell me any temperature changes through the cycle.  Hasnt gone above 93 degrees the entire wash. Oh, and it was professionally installed.