cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

DW80M2020US Vent Fan Bad - Second Time!

I bought my dishwasher from Sears in November of 2017. Around June of 2018 our vent fan started going bad, and because our washer was still under warranty, Samsung sent someone out to fix it for us. The guy who did the repair knew what the problem was as soon as he heard the cycle begin. He said he'd repaired tons of Samsung dishwashers with this same problem. He blamed it on poor the poor quality of the fan -- called them "cheap." 

Around November of last year, the same problem stared back up, and it seems to be getting worse. There are times when the fan sounds like it is meeting so much resistance that it only turns in spurts and I'm worried it will soon stop turning altogether.

Here is an audio clip of the sound, take a few weeks ago.

@SamsungJam

@SamsungMod23 

@SamsungRei 

@SamsungGill 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: DW80M2020US Vent Fan Bad - Second Time!

Hello....?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: DW80M2020US Vent Fan Bad - Second Time!

This will need to be addressed by having a service technician diagnose the noise. Since it is out of warranty, you can use the following link to find a list of authorized service centers near you that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.